At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
The International Payment Acceptance team is responsible for creating a world class customer experience enabling customers to pay how they want, whether it’s with credit cards or debit cards, with their bank account or other alternative payment methods. We have a global network of payment partners and work continually to implement new ways to solve customer problems and optimise our payments systems. You will report to the Product Director for International.
- Develop strategy to leverage and build out Remitly’s payment network to solve customer problems and optimise the business.
- Define Remitly’s international payments product roadmap and build a prioritisation framework that captures relevant tradeoffs for the team (examples: feature prioritisation, release scoping and planning, and financial justification) while creating organisational alignment.
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements to drive improved payments experience for Remitly’s customers, backed by a solid business case, customer insights, qualitative (competitor analysis) and quantitative (surveys, desk research) analysis.
- Identify areas that require customer insights and lead research/test and learn activities to learn more about Remitly’s customers and their needs
- Lead user experience tests and experiments to uncover opportunities to deliver a frictionless payment experience
- Lead the delivery of an outstanding payments experience through development of detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans and execution
- Lead operational activities of the payment network with an eye to improving the overall customer experience and business outcomes
- Directly own or partner with cross-functional teams in product, marketing, engineering, finance, legal, business development and others to execute Remitly’s payments strategy and measure the impact on business results.
- Develop deep relationships with strategic partners and onboard new partnerships including: terms negotiation, due diligence and account openings.
- Stay abreast of the state-of-the-art in products and experiences in FinTech and related industries and share insights throughout the business.
- you will have a proven track record of successfully delivering as a Senior Product Manager and you will have a deep expertise of the payments ecosystem from acquirers, card issuing, digital cross border payments, various payment schemes and methods (card payments, FPS, SEPA, SWIFT, Open Banking, APMs, etc), and UK and EMEA payment regulations (i.e. SEPA, PSD2)
- you will have a passion for the digital payments space and you will be well-read and researched on new Global consumer payment trends data is the source of your decision-making and you will have extensive experience of working customer data to develop better customer experiences
- you will have experience of collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop, launch and operate solutions that improve customers’ paying experiences
- you have the ability and mindset to switch from strategic conversations to supporting the customer service teams to deliver better customer solutions