We are a design + dev shop. We bill our clients hourly in USD. We give all IP to our clients and are long-term partners with a dozen well funded startups (e.g., backed by a16z, YC, etc.) and multiple Fortune 100 companies. We are 3 years old, employee owned, and 100+ employees.
Our teams are passionate about UX. We practice test-driven development. We are transparent about finances and compensation. We want diversity by design. We systematically invest the majority of our profit in recruiting, training, and mentoring each other.
Our mission is to create meaningful jobs for millions of people, by teaching them how to build human centered products engineered for AI.
As a Product Manager at bld.ai you will work with small teams of engineers and designers and guide products from conception to launch. We generally use the communication tools that our clients prefer to prioritize milestones and features (e.g., Jira, Gitlab, Slack, Azure DevOps, Teams, Figma). You will be directly responsible for the product’s development and success. This job requires you to be available during US work hours.
You ensure that your team makes something people want. Specifically you:
- Write a proposal (opportunity, milestones, resources, budget, data, and mocks).
- Continuously structure the work into features and associated tasks.
- Empower your team to estimate, plan and execute their work.
- Protect your designers and engineers from too many meetings.
- Foster a culture of transparency, collaboration, and mentorship.
- Use common sense, interviews, and data to improve features and inspire new UX ideas.
- Are ultimately accountable to ship a product that is appropriately tested and documented.
- Recruit, mentor, and train new PMs.
Who you are
People who know you best would say that you…
- Selflessly help and mentor others.
- Find pragmatic solutions and provide fast turnaround.
- Apply lateral thinking to challenging situations.
- Conduct unbiased experiments and learn from data.
- Let your guard down and are fun, quirky, and authentic.
- Can be trusted, are accountable for quality end products, and speak up.
- Take responsibility and act with courage.
- Embrace feedback with a growth mindset.
- Take good care of yourself and others around you (sleep, nutrition, exercise, relaxation).
Bachelor’s degree from a tier 1 university with a strong GPA.
Experience building a product that you can demo for us.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience leading a team that has shipped a product is in use today.
- Wireframe portfolio that demonstrates your design thinking.
- Github account with code we can clone and run to understand your coding competency.
- Cloud infrastructure certification (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field (e.g., engineering, physics, math, or CS).
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job type: Full-time
(note: we are looking for candidates currently based in North America or Europe)
Compensation: Competitive salary, training days, benefits, paid vacation, and sick leave.