As Product Discovery department we help millions of customers to find the right product every day. We provide smart filters for relevant product information and sorting, but we are also responsible for the start and result pages and are therefore a very central area in the idealo universe. With us, you work directly “at the heart” of idealo: with our work, customers can easily find the product they are looking for. Support us as a Product Owner (m|f|x) in full-time or part-time in the area of “Onsite Search Experience”!
About your new role
- As part of the Product Discovery area, you are responsible for the search services and the search results at idealo. In other words: You help our customers search and find what they need.
- Working in an interdisciplinary team (team lead, developers, UX designers, analysts), you help to support and inspire our customers on their “journey”, providing product functions at the right time and place.
- You develop a customer-centric roadmap, choosing the right tools and methods and you will be responsible for the feature implementation together with your team.
- In professional leadership you contribute significantly to the continuous development of your product. Together with your Team Lead you will also ensure an excellent delivery speed in your area.
Skills & Requirements
- Professional experience in product management in an agile environment, preferably in e-commerce and ideally first experience with search in e-commerce.
- You are skilled in developing hypotheses, validating them through A/B testing and presenting results.
- You have a good understanding of numbers, can derive user needs from large amounts of data.
- Due to your solution-oriented and motivated nature, you are able to convince others of your plans and make a difference together with your team.
- You are an excellent communicator with different stakeholders. This includes other product owners, developers, managers and – of course – our idealo customers.
You have a very good command of written and spoken English.
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany’s best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups.
- A diverse and engaged community of +380 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +60 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe’s most modern office building in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,200 employees from 60 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!