Location: St Pauls, London
Package: £48k – £60k + 10% bonus + £4.8k car
Why this role matters:
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
We are searching for a creative Senior Product manager, someone with drive and passion to create the best customer experience and the best product possible. Not afraid of a challenge and to show how things can be done better and differently.
This is a chance to drive our flagship VoIP business product, in a growth market. The pace is fast and challenges aplenty, this is an opportunity to work at the cutting edge of Voice technology and evolution. You will be given the room to shape this product into being the best in the market. Backed by a world leading infrastructure.
You will be working across BT Business and Public Sector (BPS) within the Digital, Product and Strategy group, as an integral part of the IP Comms and Switch Product team. This team drives the Cloud IP strategy and product development and has exciting 5 year growth plans that are in the process of implementation, this is future voice!
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively monitor the performance of the products in-life and identify opportunities for enhancements.
- Work pro-actively with key stakeholders both within the BT trading unit, across the wider centralised resource and in others.
- Regularly review the portfolio performance with Sales, Props and Finance teams.
- Accountable for ensuring common capabilities & product inter-operability is in place with other products and services.
- Be the subject matter expert and evangelist for your product within B&PS.
- Input and contribute to the annual planning process for each financial year
- Work collaboratively across the team and wider group to share knowledge and ideas to improve overall customer experience of IP Comms.
- Understand insight in IP Comms, monitor trends, work with props teams and network with industry peers in order keep up with changes in market dynamics.
- Support sales/specialists/LB’s bids on Cloud products for customers across business divisions.
- Adapt any products that are identified for change as part of regulatory changes.
- Lead or support the development of any product enhancements to delivery, and have ready to take in-life.
- Manage 3rd party vendors, conduct regular service reviews and lead contract negotiation at renewal
- Play a leading role in the creation, delivery and ongoing development of new capability through strategic and innovative projects
- To ensure that every change implemented actively contributes to the realisation of the B&PS KPIs and supports the mid and long term strategy for customer service transformation.
What you’ll need:
- Have strong Product development and in life management skills.
- Have extensive experience in an IP Comms/VoIP environment.
- Be experienced in the full life-cycle of Product management.
- Have a strong track record of commercial and/or technical achievement and unit cost / product performance improvements.
- Have experience of working closely with service delivery and assurance teams.
- Have a passion for technology.
- Be data driven, comfortable with numbers and analysis of reporting.
- You will be notable for your energy and attention to detail.
- Have a ‘get up and go’/’can-do’ attitude!
- Have the ability to shape thinking and influence key seniors.
- Have commercial & supplier/vendor management skills.
- Be experienced in using insight to make strategic and operational decisions.
- Not afraid to ‘think out of the box’ to meet customer requirements.
- Have the ability to manage large amounts of workloads and prioritise accordingly.
- Experience of defining, categorising and prioritising product requirements.
- Be comfortable simplifying complex ideas and presenting at various levels of the business.
- Have experience of working in a fast paced digital environment.
- Degree educated
- Must have legal right to work in the U.K.