DockYard is looking for a bright, motivated product design contractor to join the design team as a product designer at our remote digital product studio.
Our ideal candidate enjoys using design thinking to understand problems in order to address them with intuitive solutions.
– Work with small multi-disciplinary teams of designers, UX developers, engineers, and client partners, among others
– Conduct research, co-facilitate workshops, and help synthesize findings into actionable insights that help projects move from ambiguity to clarity
– Gather relevant data, existing insights, technical considerations, business objectives, and user needs to design innovative solutions
– Take ownership of and responsibility for your work, from research and ideation to visualization and implementation
– Produce and iterate on multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach
-You have at least 3 years of experience designing at a consultancy, agency, studio or digital product company; experience designing for mobile is a plus
-You believe in design’s ability to help individuals as well as organizations, and want to design inclusive, accessible products that improve lives while achieving business goals
-You are a clear communicator who can help establish guidelines, brainstorm concepts, explain your designs, and convince others of your reasoning
-You are a perceptive designer who thinks about product design in terms of experiences, systems, and flows before designing wireframes, screens, and components
-You rely on research and insights to drive your design decisions
-You are curious, creative, compassionate, and collaborative