Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager will deliver a best-in-class TMS solution to the trucking carrier market by deeply connecting to customer pains and translating those to solutions that incrementally add value to Toro TMS and its customers.
Year 1 Outcomes
Establish a product strategy for the customer’s back office and accounting needs that drives end-to-end product usage among 8 paying charter customers by EOY 2021.
- Meet with customers regularly, in person and remotely, to develop strong relationships and intricately understand their workflows and pain points
- Prioritize pain points and articulate the value to both the customer and Toro TMS to the design and engineering teams
- Partner with sales for continuous discovery of prospects outside of our active user base
Partner with engineering and design counterparts to deliver high value incrementally, on a weekly cadence.
- Embrace and uphold an empowered, agile mindset with the team
- Facilitate constant customer touchpoints and feedback
- Establish and track OKRs and metrics at both macro and micro levels
Establish a product strategy to drive towards a market-ready product that 20 customers are willing to pay for by the end of Q2 2022.
- Lead the coordination and planning to operationalize the product and support needs to facilitate growth goals
- Drive towards “one week onboarding”, to achieve active usage by the end of a new customer’s first week
Align the 2022 product strategy with TBD sales growth goals, partnering with the Go To Market to overperform in customer acquisition.
- Actively participate and support prospecting efforts
- Continuously hone customer profiles to enable strict focus for both the product delivery and Go To Market
- Conduct win/loss analyses on a regular cadence to inform product and GTM strategies
Retain 100% of new customers in the first year, building towards and maintaining customer NPS scores above 50.
- Stay closely connected with customer base to quickly identify and resolve risk
- In partnership with UX, develop mechanisms to capture and track NPS at a holistic and transactional level
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in product management with at least 2 years in a B2B SaaS environment
- Preferred experience in building B2B back office/finance solutions. Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals and best practices is a huge plus.
- Advocate of Marty Cagan’s “Empowered Team” operating model
- Heavy contributor to overall product strategy and roadmap planning and communication at various altitudes
- Demonstrated expertise in agile product development, i.e. helping teams break down large and complex problems into a rapid experimentation and iteration
- Strategic thinking/visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Natural leader. Ability to form strong partnerships with other leaders, who are inspired by your vision and the work of your team.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Listening skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.