The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations, with over 840,000 paid for subscribers. We are recognised globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy. We provide a broad range of news, comment, data and analysis to the growing community of internationally minded business people.
FT Specialist oversees niche publications of the FT that are designed for professional segments such as The Banker, Investor’s Chronicle and How to Spend It. The FT Specialist Product Team develops front end solutions to address the needs of the desired segments and allow the FT to monetise through subscription and online advertising.
Working with the Specialist Titles product team, the successful candidate will work closely with the Product Managers, the commercial team, the developers and the design lead to investigate issues impacting user journeys, optimise them and provide support in identifying business opportunities. The candidate is expected to proactively work with a number of internal tools to perform job tasks and they will be asked to assist in both the planning and implementation of projects.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Respond to support queries from stakeholders around the business
- Support product managers in tracking and analyzing success metrics
- Support product managers in the planning and implementation of projects
- Be the voice of the customer, developing an in depth understanding of the way users are consuming content and the reasons behind it
- Person specification: Qualification / Capabilities / Skills / Experience
- A university degree (2:1 or above)
- A keen willingness to learn, adapt to feedback and excel in the role
- An appreciation and understanding of how technology works in business
- An able and confident communicator (written & oral)
- Proactive approach to all tasks and the workplace
- Professional outlook and presentation
- Strong team player, keen to learn and contribute
In return we’ll offer you
- A paid internship (£19,000 / 12 month opportunity)
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- An office in the heart of London near St Paul’s London Bridge and close to Borough market
The Financial Times Ltd. is a Nikkei company. Nikkei is committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company — and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.