Our mission is to track and analyse the online activity around scholarly literature.
Scientists and other academics constantly have to prove the impact of their work. We’re giving them the tools and data they need to do it quickly and efficiently, so that they can focus on what’s really important: their research.
We’re looking for a full-time product manager to join our team in London working on a new product that helps funders and institutions understand how their research is being used and by whom. We care about quality and delivering products of value; that means not only building things right butbuilding the right thing in the first place.
We’re looking for somebody to own the development of this product; to go out and speak to existing and prospective customers, collect their feedback and then work with an agile development team to translate it into an app that delivers real value and is a delight to use. We’re looking for people who enjoy collaboration and communication with experience of working in either a software development or an academic research environment.
- Own the product – be the point person on the Altmetric team for it;
- Collect requirements from customers;
- With UX input where required, create paper prototypes or mockups;
- Plan and maintain the product roadmap;
- Manage the development team’s priorities day to day (we work in an agile way);
- Ensure we are delivering the right product by collecting feedback on product iterations;
- Engage with marketing and business development to help make the product a commercial success;
- Be involved in and help shape our development process for new products and features across the rest of the company;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in either software development (web, desktop or mobile) or academic environments;
- 2+ years experience as a project or product manager;
- Good communications skills, for both engaging with customers & development partners and communicating progress within the team;
- Excellent team working skills
While not strictly necessary, the following skills would be helpful:
- Knowledge of agile development techniques;
- UX or wireframing experience