Department: Product Management
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: Remote (GMT +/- 2 hours), with optional London-based workspace
About the role
We’re looking for a dynamic and collaborative Product Manager who has a wealth of expertise in high growth marketplace products, who can lead a cross-functional team working within our Learning & Supply group.
You will help us scale and innovate and create a real impact at a time where the world needs new and innovative approaches to delivering relevant education to millions.
The Product Manager will lead a cross functional team within the learning and supply group, and will be accountable for improving the in course experience for our learners.
The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role by developing such things as our social experience, in course navigation and the various tools that our learners use.
At FutureLearn, product managers empower teams to deliver value by:
- Understanding problems and opportunities through data, user research, competitor analysis running experiments and interactions with the business
- Planning how best to approach delivering maximum impact both within the sprint and over the longer term using the resources available
- Leading and motivating the team to efficiently ship and iterate product features and ensuring they are unblocked
- Communicating the vision for their part of the product and keeping everyone informed and aligned with direction and progress
- 5+ years of experience in product management leading end-to-end product development and empowering teams working in a collaborative cross functional environment
- Ideally have experience with education or learning products (web or app). If not directly in the learning & education space, products that hope to inform and educate their users.
- Experience building social functionality would also be beneficial.
- You work in a highly collaborative way with a heavy emphasis on teamwork and leading through influence; you empower teams to deliver the best solutions to problems and opportunities
- You are a clear communicator. You can articulate a clear and compelling vision and get people across the organisation to buy into your vision and approach
- You are data and insights driven and used to synthesising user research and analytics to decide an approach and get buy in from the team and stakeholders You are results-oriented and rigorous about measuring impact
- You are passionate about learning, transforming access to education and the opportunity that it creates to improve people’s lives
- Senior product managers are expected to take on more complex, less well defined problems with more stakeholder interaction and help coach other members of the team.
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Free access to Calm app
- Free access to short courses and upgrades on the FutureLearn Platform
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. FutureLearn has over 14 million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses, ExpertTracks and microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England (HEE). It’s also involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education.
FutureLearners live and breathe the company values and have a strong connection with our purpose, to transform access to education. We offer lots of flexibility and a cool work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other.
Please use our online form by pressing ‘Apply for this job’ below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you’d like to come work with us.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
No recruitment agents please.
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self at work, regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.