Senior Product Manager
TravelNest is an Edinburgh founded travel-tech startup. We help Owners of holiday vacation rental properties maximise their performance in a global Guest market. Today with our platform a Host can upload their property details once and be advertised for bookings across 30+ top travel sites including Airbnb, Booking.com, and Expedia.
Our ambition is to become the place a Host markets and manages their property. Providing everything from channel listings, to operational services, to facilitating direct bookings. A “super app” for vacation rental owners.
We believe it’s impossible to succeed in our ambitions without strong Product Management. Considering our plans to span across multiple individual product verticals to provide a compound and synergistic experience, maintaining a cohesive and pleasant to use product suite is going to be a fun challenge.
Our team is currently working remotely due to Covid 19. We have recently hired fully remote employees throughout the UK and as we scale we endeavour to have a hybrid remote working environment.
About the Role
Joining our scaling Product org (currently composed of a single product lead) you’ll have autonomy to build products from the ground up. You will be empowered to be an owner of problem spaces and deliver iterative, user centric product. You’ll contribute directly to the company and product strategy, your impact will be felt here.
You will own the product vision and roadmap for your area(s) and ensure we’re building products that users need. You’ll work in cross-functional teams and make trade offs with your Design & Engineering colleagues while balancing wider business concerns.
- You will ultimately be responsible for the value being delivered from the cross-functional team(s) you’re in.
- You will lead on translating strategy into concrete plans and objectives over the short and medium term.
- You will identify opportunities and together with the teams set the product vision.
- You’ll enable / facilitate the full product lifecycle in-team (discovery -> delivery)
- You will assess and utilise appropriate research methods for the situation.
- You will help build the product function at TravelNest – how it works and how it will develop
What we are looking for:
- You have a strong track record of shipping software products.
- You have taken a product from inception to launch.
- Experience working in high autonomy (and ambiguity) environments.
- You have experience using both quantitative data (e.g. metrics, analytics) and qualitative data (e.g. user feedback) appropriately to de-risk & inform decisions.
- You’re pragmatic, favouring narrow scope and frequent iteration.
- Customer-centric, you want to solve real problems for real people.
- We’re at the start of an exciting journey, there are huge opportunities to shape the future of the company together
- We offer great benefits: An attractive salary, stock in the company, remote working and unlimited holiday leave
- The chance to solve new challenges all day, every day you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas
- A great working environment and the opportunity to grow our product and business together we work in a fast paced and friendly environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.