Hala Systems, Inc. is a social enterprise working to transform the nature of protection and accountability in the world’s toughest places by democratizing advanced defense, sensing, and artificial intelligence technology. Hala is currently saving lives, reducing trauma, and improving resilience for millions of people.
Our team works across the globe and hails from over 15 countries. We speak over 20 languages and have studied and worked in leading educational, business, research and government institutions. We are mission-driven thinkers, and we share a deep respect for each other and for the communities that partner with us.
We believe in innovation with purpose, focusing on developing real and applicable technology solutions to the challenges facing the planet. We believe in working ethically and collaboratively, and making decisions with transparency. We value flexibility, adaptability, and a good sense of humor.
Hala is seeking a Product Manager who will support us in effectively developing products from inception to completion, communicating with stakeholders, understanding clients’ needs, designing products, and generating product requirements.
This is a local, full-time position based in Lisbon, Portugal, or remote in the US (East Coast). The gross annual salary range is $100,000-$115,000 for US-based candidates and 85,000-100,000€ for Europe-based candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of how all of Hala’s products work from both internal and external perspectives.
- Understand the goals and strategy of Hala in order to strategically focus on moving the needle towards these goals.
- Work with product owners to determine requirements and develop strategic direction.
- Work with the product team to ensure requirements and acceptance criteria are adequately defined.
- Lead Discovery process and develop a deep understanding of customers’ needs and wants.
- Be able to understand the underlying technologies of Hala’s products and work with the technical architects and development leads.
- Work with stakeholders on feature prioritization and planning how those priorities are organized.
- Work with the engineering team to schedule features and fixes to be delivered for each release and each iteration in the release cycle.
- Update the product development schedule each iteration to take into account any delays, changes to features, changes in priorities and changes in team resources to ensure the product is kept up-to- date on expected release dates.
- Run the “Ready for Dev” and “Ready for Test” meetings with stakeholders to ensure that there is a common understanding of what needs to be delivered and that what gets delivered meets the previously defined acceptance criteria.
- Run the end-of-release debrief process to ensure the team continually improves.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the market, technological and industry trends related to Hala’s products and R&D business line.
- Contribute to the Discovery and Delivery processes development.
- Look for process inefficiencies and work to streamline them in cooperation with the rest of the team.
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for new products.
- Assist with marketing/commercializing Hala’s products and devising go-to-market strategies.
Who you are:
- A team player with a demonstrated ability to work with diverse team members across multiple time zones.
- A systems thinker and problem solver who can connect the dots between various technology stacks and overall project initiatives.
- Experienced in building new products as well as innovating to expand impact and reach.
- A highly organized individual who is self-motivated.
- A values-driven, trustworthy, and honest person with a passion for helping people in need.
What you have:
- Extensive practical experience working directly with engineering teams.
- Several years of experience in a Product Management role.
- The ability to strategize effectively to meet deadlines and competing obligations.
- Deep technical knowledge of digital product development.
- Strong user focus and experience delivering high-quality user experiences.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and willingness to work with Hala’s specific process.
- Hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience in leading, managing, and developing teams.
- Familiarity with business issues.
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
What Hala offers you:
- Life-saving social impact.
- Competitive salaries.
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it. All staff take a minimum of 22 days off plus holidays, including a mandatory 2 week vacation.
- Comprehensive, world-wide healthcare, dental and vision insurance for you and your family at no cost to you.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible working policy, including the ability to work from home.
- Computer and other office equipment to help you get your job done.
- Relocation assistance for you, your family, and your pets for eligible positions.
- A diverse, international community of dedicated, hardworking team players committed to interdisciplinary collaboration and a thriving workplace culture.
- Opportunities for international travel, including to program locations and satellite offices.
If there’s something important to you that isn’t on this list, please ask!
What happens next:
We will review applications and reach out to candidates advancing to the interview stage by October 20, 2021. You should expect a phone screen, followed by several interviews with team members and the supervisor for this role, concluding with the opportunity to speak with both of our co-founders.
You will receive a confirmation that your application was received, and you’ll also hear back from us whether you’re selected for an interview or not. Please note that we are unable to offer individualized feedback before the first interview round due to the volume of applications we receive.