Innovative Systems, Inc., is seeking an experienced and fresh-thinking Product Manager that provides strong leadership on product direction to work with our clients, engineering, sales, and product implementation teams.The ideal candidate will be experienced in setting company-wide product strategies that drove revenue and profit. You will demonstrate strong intellectual curiosity, know-how in listening to clients, great product instincts, and have taken major product(s) from concept to launch.
Innovative’s technology requires prior experience with software strategy. Ideally your background will include understanding of computational linguistics, management science skills in cluster analysis and multi-dimensional scaling along with understanding of related computation techniques.
What you will be doing:
- Collaboratively develop the product vision, strategy, and design to drive increased revenue growth and profit. This collaboration includes working with product marketing to develop financial forecasts of potential projects based on internal estimates.
- Manage the product life cycle beginning with the definition of market need; selection of methodology the software will use to solve the problem; formulation of development strategy; coordination with sales, users experience (UX) to develop wireframes; collaborating with the Users Advisory Group to select alpha and beta clients and ensuring the product meets their specifications and market needs; formulation of requirements; help execute the product launches.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and account management to select members for the customer (user) advisory board and line of business user groups.
- Gather product requirements from key clients for extensions and new product offerings. Analyze user interaction and needs and translate the insights into product requirements. Measure product acceptance and adoption and ensure the lessons learned from past launches are applied to improve the next product.
- In conjunctions with product marketing, sales and account management, help develop the product roll out strategy. This will include working with product marketing to develop the Unique Selling Points for use in client communiqués including marketing materials, sales presentations and training, and with alpha/beta clients.
- Manage the communication to the engineering team of features to be developed and determine if the products are market-ready.
- Lead the product roadmap and prioritization process in collaboration with engineering, product marketing, sales, and account management. Maintain and regularly enhance the product roadmaps.
- Develop models to allocate Engineering and QA resources, balancing the needs of the organization with capacity of the teams. Prioritize Engineering resource allocation for bug fixes, enhancements for new releases. Create and maintain calendars to outline the monthly effort needed for Engineering and QA showing updated target completion dates.
- Regularly present and communicate the product roadmaps and schedules to all stakeholders across all departments and geographies within the company to ensure alignment everyone in the company understands the market needs the product will meet along with targeted schedules.
- Work with product marketing to develop and execute the go-to-market plan for new and existing products, including pricing, marketing and sales efforts and analyst relations.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop creative, engaging, and winning customer communications and promotional strategies including webinars and seminars, etc.
- Stay ahead of technology trends and on top of market needs, competitive offerings, and gain insights through various forms of market research.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- Minimum 2 years successful experience in product management with a software or technology company. Preferably in a B2B environment.
- Bachelor’s with a technical degree in engineering or computer science. Coursework in mathematics, statistics, management science, and computational linguistics would be a plus.
- Experience in the latest software development technique including a deep understanding of the software production process, especially Agile methods.
- Proven track record bringing products to market.
- Technical understanding of software with background/experience in coding.
- Prior experience planning and managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Familiarity with project management tools like Jira or Trello.
- Experience talking to customers and synthesizing their needs into product features.
- Proven leadership ability with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to make presentations.
- Results-oriented and resourceful, with a strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
- High level of intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability and willingness to travel (US and internationally).
It’s a plus if you have:
- Master’s degree in Business (MBA) from a tier one university or Software Engineering
- Product management experience in a software firm.
- Multilingual skills with an understanding of grammar conventions in different languages.
- Prior management experience of knowledge of the user design experience and process (UX/UI).
- Understanding of linguistic/cultural impacts on marketing and buying behavior throughout Europe, Middle East, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific regions.
Innovative is a global leader in the delivery of enterprise technology for customer data management and compliance solutions. Powered by Innovative’s proprietary technology, our expanding product set is fueling growing operations in Britain, Germany, Dubai, Singapore, and Canada, Argentina, and Mexico. While Innovative offers both on-premise and SaaS technology offerings, our annual processing of over fifty billion SaaS transactions is just one indicator of Innovative’s strong global presence and growth.
Working at Innovative, you’ll find an environment that is fast-paced and entrepreneurial offering cross-geographic collaboration and great flexibility. We don’t stand on ceremony – our open door policy means you can talk with and share your ideas or concerns with anyone at any level of the organization. Your thoughts and ideas matter! Building success for others is just part of what we do – an Innovative experience gains you respect in the marketplace (eight of our alumni have become tech company CEO’s/Executives).
Innovative offers a competitive salary, medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurances. Tuition reimbursement and a 401K plan are among some of the other benefits in support of your health, career, and financial well-being.