The DISH Product team is the group that introduced the world to the Hopper 3, DISH Anywhere, and a voice remote that allows you to control your entertainment as well as your entire home. We push the boundaries of what a TV provider can offer, and we’re often the first in our industry to launch new experiences. We are accountable for some of the most exciting aspects of DISH, with responsibilities over hardware, the user experience, the DISH Anywhere apps, partner integrations, and emerging video technologies.
We are looking for senior product design candidates with energy, intelligence, and drive to join the Product and Product Design team to help us shape the future of DISH TV and lead the team designing for mobile AND ten foot TV experiences for Amazon FireStick and more! Relocation available.
- Work as the lead product designer for our DISH Firestick, iOS and Android product team to explore new ideas, test hypotheses, build concepts and prototypes, and work with engineers to deliver new products and enhancements that both surprise and delight our customers.
- Give and solicit feedback from our community of designers in order to continually raise the bar of quality.
- Use qualitative and quantitative user research insights and behavioral data to inform design decision making, product strategy, direction and prioritization.
- Represent our customers and users throughout the product development lifecycle and align solutions with their needs.
- Guide an empowered product team through collaborative decision making, problem solving and prioritizing activities.
- Master, refine, and evolve the 10ft, 3ft and 1ft user experience and advocate and solve for end-2-end user needs and pain points.
- Leverage, evolve and grow the design system for our TV and mobile apps while collaborating with the larger design system team
- Contribute to a growing library of ‘Plays’ that operationalize design work to ensure confidence and consistency in execution.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating often and exceptionally well.
- Build and evolve productive feedback mechanisms, and support rituals for effective internal/external communication.
- Defines and makes use of essential qualitative and quantitative research methods with input from others.
- Able to run complex qualitative research studies in partnership with and assistance of a product team
- Mentors less experienced team members of the product team. Ensures that design work is consistently delivered to standards and is of high quality.
- Explores new tools, technologies, and methods for improving customer and business outcomes.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Advanced knowledge in executing the full design process across the entire product development lifecycle
- You have successfully released iOS and Android apps!
- Advanced knowledge in a variety of design methods. Champions industry standards and best-practices.
- Advanced understanding of visual design principles reflected in design work. Brings design trends into the organization. Evolves design systems where appropriate.
- Skilled in tools for visual design, user research, and product management.
- Advanced experience in collaborating and partnering with stakeholders, designers, product managers, and engineers during the product development lifecycle and uses that experience to build collaborative, cross-disciplinary design processes.
- Expert at solving complex design problems, as a systems, strategic, and critical thinker. Challenges others to explore radical ideas, challenge the status quo, and pushes the boundaries of what’s possible.
- An empathetic ear and curious eye.
- A passion for teaching and sharing with others.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university OR UX certification OR relevant work experience OR a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- At least 5-8 years experience as a Product Design or similar role.
- Real-world experience applying principles of agile, Design Thinking, and/or User-Centered Design methods to the product development life-cycle.
Compensation: $120,000.00/Year – $165,000.00/Year