The DISH Product team is the group that introduced the world to the Hopper 3, DISH Anywhere, and a voice remote that allows you to control your entertainment as well as your entire home. We push the boundaries of what your TV provider can offer, and we’re often the first in our industry to launch new experiences. We are accountable for some of the most exciting aspects of DISH, with responsibilities over our hardware, the DISH user experience, DISH Anywhere, partner integrations, and emerging video technologies.
The team is growing fast and we need a Senior Product Manager to help us define our strategy as we build out the next generation of DISH Video experiences. We live in a world where technology is constantly evolving and we need you to help develop the vision for our future products and offerings.
What You’ll Do
- Identify opportunities to drive customer and business value, collaborating with both Product Design and Engineering to develop meaningful solutions as well as execute go-to-market strategies that you help develop.
- Manage the product life-cycle from launch to end-of-life, including overseeing decisions on pricing, promotion and placement.
- Become the subject matter expert for your area of focus; provide regular communication and reporting on the performance of your products to the rest of the business.
- Inspire the team and the business by bringing a deep passion for technology and great user experiences.
- Identify and cultivate high-value partnerships to deliver new value to customers or to improve operational effectiveness to reduce costs.
- Analyze marketing and competitive information relevant to the product line including pricing, sales, regulatory environment and market/product positioning.
- Integrate support and operational functions that are critical to the product line including sales, customer service, IT and installation by building collaborative relationships across the business.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to solve challenging business problems.
Need to Have
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technology or business discipline.
- 2-4 years of experience in a Product Management role
- At least 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Have an eye for detail and be able to differentiate between a good user experience and a great one.
- Experience with Product Management skills and principles and the ability to leverage them to help us constantly improve our processes.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, prioritization, and the ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Passion for technology and eagerness to understand the strategic and technical possibilities for the future of DISH’s video offerings.
- Self-starter with high-energy to drive projects toward completion, with ability to work well under pressure and within changing business dynamics
- Experience with developing hardware and software roadmaps and strategies for in-home consumer technology
- Demonstrated experience launching successful end-to-end customer experiences to a large customer base.
Nice to Have
- MBA or Masters in a related discipline is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience delivering value and impacting customer experience within the TV and consumer electronics industry.
- Experience with 5G, ATSC 3.0, and other wireless video and data delivery technologies
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss advanced technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate novel ideas with internal and external partners.
- Experience taking a leadership role on a team of high performing team members.
Compensation: $125,000.00/Yr. – $170,000.00/Yr.