The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO)
Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms
Modern Healthcare: “Best Places to Work”
Finalist, Washington Business Journal’s Business Philanthropy Awards
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants
The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global research, consulting, and technology firm helping hospital and university executives to better serve patients and students. We provide strategic guidance, actionable insights, web-based software solutions, and comprehensive implementation and management services. We combine the analytical, managerial, and technological expertise of our 1,600+ employees around the world with insights from the on-the-ground experience of our network of 125,000 leaders at 3,200 health care and higher education member organizations to find solutions to our partners’ most pressing challenges. We deeply appreciate the trust that our members place in us, and we seek to serve them with generosity—and beyond expectation—in all that we do.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
Product Managers stand at the center of engineering, users and delivery for the Advisory Board’s suite of SaaS technology products. The critical responsibility of the Product Manager is to provide full-time product thought leadership to the internal software Engineering, Quality Assurance and User Experience teams, including defining use case and stories, prioritization, subject matter context and supporting go to market strategy and activities.
The role includes, but is not limited to, performing market and user research to identify opportunities to deliver Member value through technology, defining a business case and roadmap for one or multiple products and authoring user stories. In addition, for mature products, the Product Manager also triages defects and enhancement requests from internal and external customers, partnering with Development on execution of a maintenance strategy. The Product Manager will also be asked to provide mentorship to other, more junior PMs and evangelize the Product Management practice to other groups within the Advisory Board.
With the greater Product Management Team, cross-department collaboration with engineering, member services, marketing, and related constituents will be critical to both the Product Manager’s and the software product’s success. This position is on our Surgical Profitability Compass Performance Technology team.
- Organize, facilitate development of and manage to the software product roadmap
- Partner with the SaaS product constituents to create the strategic vision for the software product and set immediate and future priorities for software development and service teams
- Guide junior Product Managers responsible for individual applications within Surgical Profitability Compass to produce features in accordance with the overall product vision
- Oversee translation of the roadmap into user defined requirements for product enhancements, including mockup designs and technical definitions
- Conduct market and competitive research, host user interviews, and create key performance indicators to stay abreast of market dynamics and define implications to the software product roadmap
- Serve as liaison between the business and technical development teams
- Maintain strong relationships with user experience, quality assurance and engineering teams
- Oversee software release and feature launches including, but not limited to:
- Creation and execution of communication and rollout plan
- Hands-on training of delivery team and internal engineers on new features or defect repairs
- Hands-on training of sales and marketing team on new features or defect repairs
- Produce member-facing product documentation, release notes and training documentation
- Manage User Acceptance testing for all external and internal releases
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of practical Product Management experience delivering software products in a B2B or B2C setting or 8+ years of experience consulting or delivering software to healthcare customers
- Proven analytic skills and ability to translate market findings into new product/enhancement ideas
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently while meeting milestones on schedule
- Prior experience working within agile software development environment
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Prior experience collaborating with cross functional teams spanning Development, Marketing, and Sales
- Prior experience working with Business Intelligence (or related) technology-based solutions servicing Higher Education industries or similar industries
- Certification in a Product Management Framework (e.g. Pragmatic Marketing)
Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer