We are Dare, an energy tech company using the power of data science, analytics, and trading expertise to help the world reach a renewable future, faster. Our mission is to support the global energy transition to net-zero by making energy markets more accessible and open for investment. We are looking for a Product Manager to join our rapidly expanding business and make an impact.
At Dare, you will be joining a team of ambitious people who challenge themselves and each other to drive innovation. Since its founding in 2016, Dare has scaled tremendously to trade globally across energy markets and explore a host of exciting product opportunities.
Product Management at Dare aims to combine the best product management approaches from Silicon Valley and apply them to the energy trading technology world. We seek to create products that people admire with a level of rich functionality and quality experienced from SaaS products.
Reporting to the VP of Product, you will:
· Collaboratively define our product vision and strategy whilst measuring success metrics and outcomes
· Thoroughly research into new product opportunities and the latest software products in the oil, power, renewable energy, and technology industries
· Manage a goal-oriented roadmap that empowers the product teams
· Create product requirement documents in Confluence to provide context and ensure everyone is on the same page
· Craft epics of user stories that capture the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ with context and data along with behaviour-driven-development and specification-by-example acceptance criteria
· Manage an agile product backlog in Jira that is detailed, estimated, emergent and prioritised
· Participate in rich conversations with colleagues in trading, analytics, risk, and operations so that you can communicate observations, interpret problems, and connect them to product opportunities
· Lead product demonstrations and write product communications
· Excellent academics with a technical degree or impressive equivalent professional experience
· Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and delivery
· 2+ years working on technology-powered products in an agile product-related role
· Knowledge of derivatives trading gained from a trading floor environment including futures, forwards, swaps, options, market making, prop trading, interdealer brokers, trading exchanges, spreadsheets, and real-time market data vendors
· Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of a business
· Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to complex problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to present your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
· Proven ability to engage with users, engineers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
· Passionate about product management approaches and collaborative and agile ways of working
· Excited to work in a fast-paced environment within small teams in a scale-up environment
Hybrid Work Environment:
We are able to offer flexible remote-friendly working to the successful candidate, but it would be ideal if you are able to engage directly with our trading floor colleagues in London 40% of the time.