At CodeSandbox, we’re building a collaborative online development platform that makes it easy for anyone to build web applications. Over 3 million people use us every month. As we’re rapidly expanding, we’re looking for experienced Product Managers to strengthen our team of high-performing Engineers and Designers, and help us scale our business further.
Product Management at CodeSandbox is a hands-on role. You’ll work with Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, and other internal teams to decide what products we build. Our Product Managers are the glue that unites all aspects of our product under a single vision.
As Product Manager Ecosystem you will be responsible for driving the vision for CodeSandbox’s Ecosystem. Including play.js, integrations, extensions, embeds, devtools, and the new platform that we are currently building. You will work with your Design, Engineering, Data, and Marketing partners to build a Rich ecosystem to help make web development more accessible.
- Location: Anywhere -4 to +3 UTC (currently Daylight Savings, otherwise -5 to +2 UTC). That’s anywhere between US and EU Eastern Time.
- Full-time: At CodeSandbox this means 40 flexible hours Mon through Fri.
As a Product Manager, you will…
- Relentlessly work with a multidisciplinary team, focusing on what’s best for our customers and business.
- Taking even further the platform experience that is provided to our users right now by offering them various tools, integrations, and extensions.
- Understand the needs of our users (and potential users) as well as the business to define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product area.
- Apply your strong stakeholder management skills to help you understand the priorities of your Engineering, Design, Data, and Business partners so that your roadmap has the right product priorities to support our values and growth goals.
- Compile as well as narrate clear and concise stories that inspire your internal partners and bridge our users, the business, the product and engineering, team.
- Define metrics to discover insights, validate ideas, and make informed decisions supported by your strong analytical thinking.
- That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At CodeSandbox, we encourage you to pursue wherever your interests take you. You’ll have a chance to shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Product Manager if you:
- Built products by collaborating across engineering, data, design, and other key stakeholders.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset that can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- Apply a user-centered approach to product management.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Share our can-do mentality to ensure that your product and team are successful.
- Have not only shipped new products but are obsessed with continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium, and significant releases.
- Have some engineering experience (nice to have).
- Have experience with or be involved in open source software (nice to have).
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At CodeSandbox we work from the idea that software development should be more accessible and collaborative. It should be possible for anyone to create an application if they have a great idea, and there should be no hassle in sharing this with others. We follow this mentality not only in how we build our product, but also in how we work with each other.
Whenever we start a new project, we include everyone on the team to help out. We expect everyone to be open to helping each other and generally encourage everyone to work together.
At CodeSandbox, we’re offering:
- A friendly, remote-first working environment.
Competitive salary & equity.
- Flexible working hours.
- Unlimited paid time off, affordance-based. We expect you to take a minimum of 25 days.
- Work equipment of your choice.
- Educational & Personal Development Budget.
- Annual health & wellness stipend.
- Freedom to create and run your own project.
- Parental leave for the moms and dads among us.
- If you share our enthusiasm for making development more accessible and collaborative, we’d love to review your application!