The Story of Big Sofa
Big Sofa Technologies is a Video AI company who extract behavioural and contextual data from video at scale, using industry-leading technology. We use that data to help businesses to optimise the human experience, whether that is in-home or out of home.
The Role: Junior Product Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Big Sofa Product & Tech team at a pivotal moment as we expand our data and machine learning capabilities to develop the next frontier of consumer intelligence.
As Junior Product Manager your role will be to research and shape new product opportunities, collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand and assess the value, feasibility, usability and viability of software problems and opportunities.
You will be responsible for owning product lines/features and managing the product development lifecycle from shaping and delivery, through to release and post-launch analysis.
Key dimensions to this role:
Client, Market and Commercial Understanding
- Develop knowledge of the Video AI market and key competitors.
- Have full understanding of the core services offered to clients by Big Sofa.
- Understand product strategy and how key objectives map to commercial goals.
- Have an understanding of the commercial and sales models and how a feature/new product line might fit into these.
- Develop expert knowledge of the Big Sofa platform and its functionality.
- Have a basic understanding of Big Sofa technical architecture and services
- Have a basic understanding of machine learning and the process of developing/ training machine learning models.
- Have an understanding of the steps involved in the development processes and roles/ skills across the team.
Defining and Shaping Product Deliverables
- Conduct user research and analysis of platform data to inform scoping and decision-making.
- Research projects with relevant colleagues to understand internal business or operational needs and opportunities.
- Clearly define business problems and communicate the objectives to development teams.
- Work with development teams to clearly define boundaries for potential solutions and identify any potential pitfalls and blockers.
- Ensure solutions adhere to user experience design principles.
Product Delivery and Launch
- Work as part of a cycle team to deliver solutions – driving iterative product development, providing feedback to the team and evaluating priorities to deliver maximum value in a timely manner.
- Manage the launch process of new product lines/features in liaison with the Marketing, Sales and Client Service teams.
- Document help/how-to guides and conducting internal training sessions for new deliverables/functionality.
- Analyse platform usage and analytics to understand performance of new deliverables and identify potential opportunities.
Skillset required to fulfil this role
- This is an entry level position so we are looking for someone who has recently graduated or has 1-2 years work experience
- Inquisitive problem-solver able to analyse problems and opportunities from multiple perspectives and develop strategic solutions.
- Ability to critically assess and prioritise potential product opportunities and needs.
- Competent multi-tasker with experience working with teams to get things done.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from across the business and convey complex ideas and concepts clearly.
- An interest in machine learning and video analysis.
- Basic understanding of software development process and Agile methodologies and frameworks (Scrum/Shape Up) .