Notables is the premier marketplace for non-fungible tokens – digital art and collectibles, recorded on the blockchain. We release exclusive content from well known artists and brands each week. Notables is a “startup within a startup” – we’re Forest Road employees, and we leverage Forest Road’s financial resources and corporate network, but we have our own tech organization and our own unique team culture.
About The Role
In this role as a Product Manager, you will be working with users, developers, and other stakeholders at Notables to ensure that we are focused on solving the most pressing problems with the product and addressing the most pressing opportunities to unlock product value. A great fit for this role will be someone who evaluates problems from a ‘first-principles’ mindset, is intensely curious, and cares deeply about the craftsmanship of a well-designed user experience. Above all, we want the individual in this role to develop a clear understanding of our user so that product work we take on can be passed through that lens. We would like to hire someone for this role who can create internal momentum around a product roadmap we reach consensus on, but make data-driven and customer-driven suggestions when we need to alter our course.
- Working with our leadership to plan upcoming sprints that account for necessary progress towards roadmap initiatives, developer bandwidth, and other factors.
- Creating well-scoped, well-documented Product Requirements Documents to serve as clear references for work developers take on.
- Working closely with developers to ensure new product initiatives have been de-risked from an engineering perspective and scoped down to the highest-impact, lowest-effort solution to the problem.
- Iterating over design concepts with our designers based on findings from user interviews.
- Ensuring we maintain a high bar for quality in the work that we ship by remaining attentive to high-severity bugs and ensuring our bug triaging system is running smoothly.
- Curating our backlog to ensure we are scoring new ideas accurately for effort and impact, in order to shortlist those tasks with the most outsized return on engineering bandwidth.
Caring deeply about building a best-in-class product.
- Relevant product management experience with demonstrated success owning key product initiatives.
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies, including experience administering sprint planning meetings, stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- A technical background or fluency with engineering concepts in order to clearly communicate product needs to engineers.
- Comfort collaborating and communicating with developers at various levels of seniority to ensure product requirements are met.
- Blockchain knowledge is not a prerequisite for this position, but we expect the individual hired for this role to be interested and capable of ramping up quickly in this domain.
(Nice to have) Exposure through a previous role to the blockchain ecosystem.
- (Nice to have) The ability to create simple, low-fidelity mock-ups in Figma or other design tools.
At this time, Notables will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.