We’re an award-winning enterprise software scale-up and we have high ambitions for growth. Being recognised as Scotland’s fastest growing tech company in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards in 2019 and 2020 shows that we are on the right track!
Dayshape is an intelligent planning platform, which allows professional services firms to optimise their workforce like never before. By using AI technology, Dayshape helps large organisations plan and manage their people and complex projects with ease.
Our customers include firms from the Big Four and global top 10 in accounting. Our targets are typically global firms, but can also include international and large nationwide organisations if they’re big enough to have the challenges that Dayshape can solve.
As a company, we live our values every day and we’re committed to making sure our friendly and inclusive environment grows with us.
Why we’re hiring
We’ve grown rapidly from start-up to scale-up and we are creating this new role at a key time as we set our goals for developing our product for our global client base. Leading our small team of Product Managers and Designers, you will work closely with our CEO and Engineering team to drive forward our vision, roadmap prioritisation and capacity management. As part of our leadership team you will play a pivotal role in nurturing strong links between Product Management and other departments, as well as championing our ideas and aspirations internally and externally.
We’ve come a long way in a short time but there’s still so much more we can do. We have grand ambitions to make Dayshape the most beautiful, useful, scalable, flexible and rapid to deploy solution on the market, and we’re not there yet. That’s where you come in.
What you’ll be doing
Dayshape is a single product company, so the Product Management function interfaces with almost every other team in the company including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Professional Services and Support. You’ll work closely with these departments to get their input into multiple demands and product development needs. Externally, you will demonstrate empathy with our customers, leading workshops and developing a data-led approach that will help us identify what matters to them. As we prioritise and plan our product development on an ongoing basis, you will have a critical role in communicating that plan to stakeholders.
We know that being entirely reactive will lead to us delivering “faster horses”, so you will also work on our product vision to discover game-changing functionality and experiences that wow our customers and inspire and motivate our team.
Visions and plans mean nothing if they aren’t delivered, so you will oversee the development of the product through supporting and coaching your team of Product Managers and Designers, and work very closely with Engineering Tech Leads and our Director of Engineering. This will include understanding the capacity, capabilities and characters of our teams and how best to deliver value.
You will have a passion for delivering enterprise customer-focused products that improve people’s working lives. You will be:
- An exceptional communicator, able to build rapport and trust with anyone, really listening to what people mean, and getting your points across passionately but kindly;
- Highly adaptable, comfortable providing inspirational leadership one moment, and getting into the implementation details of a specific feature the next;
- A supportive and challenging leader with the ability to coach and develop your team;
- Always thinking about the big picture, balancing product, commercial and customer needs and risks at all times;
- Able to champion our product vision to our customers, to our market and within the company;
- An experienced Product Manager with direct knowledge of leading product discovery and delivery for enterprise software, ideally serving the professional services market;
- Quick to grasp new concepts, and always looking to understand the underlying “why” in any situation;
- Great at breaking down big tasks into small chunks, solving tricky problems and understanding risks;
- Comfortable discussing technical concepts, with an appreciation of engineering fundamentals;
- Experienced in customer discovery initiatives within an enterprise environment;
- Willing to step outside your “role” where necessary;
- Well versed in modern Product Management theory.
What you’ll get
- Salary, £75,000 – £95,000 pa
- At least £1,000 per year to spend on professional and personal development
- 33 days holiday per year, 30 of which you can take whenever you like
- Private healthcare and rewards through Vitality
- Income protection and death in service cover
- NEST pension scheme
- EMI options as part of our employee share options scheme
- Access to wellbeing offerings, such as our Employee Assistance Programme and a dedicated counselling service
- Weekly All Hands meeting for inspiration and over-communication
- Every month we take time out of the working week for team socials: past events include hiking, family BBQs, and laser quest. Though we’re working remotely for now, we’re still having fun with online events, such as bake alongs, crafts, online games, and cocktail classes!
- Genuinely nice, smart people to work with, who are excited about growing our company
Join the team!
This is your opportunity to really influence how we get things done, and how our product performs. We’re doing well but there’s loads more to achieve to keep scaling at the pace we have been. Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your CV.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday). Our HQ is in central Edinburgh but many of us are still working remotely with regular trips to the office to make use of our great space and connect with the team. For this role we’re open to somebody working remotely in the UK provided that periodic (minimum monthly) travel to Edinburgh was feasible, just let us know your preferences in your application.
The deadline for applications is midnight 31st October .