We’re helping more than two million children every month to discover a love of learning.
With the help of friendly monsters, playful design and out-of-this-world storytelling, we create beautifully crafted games kids love to play.
We’re on the lookout for a Freelance Chief Product Officer on a part-time basis. You will help us shape and support our product teams so that they can make even more magical products.
You will support us in resourcing, onboarding and supporting our product and UX people.
You’ll be working with them to help shape roadmaps, driving focus and prioritisation.
You’ll be developing and embedding our ways of working and quality standards across teams, ensuring value for money; instilling our values of open and candid communications; being a role model for our culture and values; and supporting and encouraging great cross-functional collaboration. You will support the Exec Director on key decision-making and long term strategy.
You will be comfortable working in an agile development environment bringing experience in a range of different tools and methodologies. You’ll be agnostic and flexible, willing and able to help the teams find the simplest and most impactful ways to get value to users every month.
You will have really strong skills in both coaching and mentoring – empowering our product and UX people to find what works best for them. You’ll have strong facilitation skills and a positive, constructive and collaborative approach.
How we work – this is what makes us different!
We work hard at Teach Your Monster to make a great culture for the people working with us:
- We are run like a games studio or a startup, but our focus is on impact not profit
- Although small, we help millions of children every year with our games
- We have an flexible working style – many of us are remote and part-time
- We are family friendly, allowing people to structure their days around their family needs.
- We are keen to grow our team in as diverse and inclusive a way as possible – our team’s differences are what makes us stronger, more creative, highly engaged and more impactful
- We allow for as much autonomy as possible, and want you to work in the way that you feel will bring the best results
- We encourage open and candid communication, and actively encourage you to feedback on anything we could be doing to improve how we work
This contract is an interim role for 6 months at 1-2 days per week, with a view to creating a permanent (part time) role in the future.