Director, Product Management
StyleSeat is a rare opportunity to join a startup company who’s a market leader in the beauty booking space with independently minded professionals who love the brand. With a deeply diverse group of customers, we embrace this and are proud to have a company of over 50% females, with a woman CEO and COO leading the way.
We are looking for a hands-on, results-oriented Director of Product Management to drive and scale our SAAS, marketplace and payments systems, and create the ultimate user experience to empower our customers to grow their business. You will be responsible for defining product roadmaps and going from ideation to execution. Best of all, you’ll be joining early enough to hold a leadership position where you play a key role in our success in the years ahead.
- Drive the product vision and roadmap
- Build short-term and long-term strategic product plans that consider user needs, business needs and the broader competitive landscape.
- Product lifecycle management from customer research to concept working across departments to execute, and support company objectives and KPIs
- Manage a small team of PMs and designers, with coaching, mentoring and setting them up for success.
- Lead the effort to develop clear and compelling product requirements / user stories for new and existing product initiatives, enhancements, with business justification, revenue potential, and operational impact.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to translate company objectives into functional goals
- Create clear, compelling presentations to product, engineering and the company around key initiatives and how they relate to the company vision
- Monitor product adoption, proactively identifying opportunities and making actionable recommendations to drive product uptake and effectiveness
- Ensure we ship high quality products, in a timely, focused manner, including product prioritization and planning, execution, quality of design and build, set estimates for release, and hitting them.
- Build and manage our team in terms of recruiting, hiring, coaching and training our existing people.
- Own funnel metrics for product launches, active users, trials, engagement, and satisfaction.
What skills will I need?
- Degree in a technical discipline and MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of hands-on product management experience
- 3+ years experience leading a product management team
- Experience managing a P&L and highly-driven to measure and optimize KPIs
- Multiple years working as a Product Manager with proven ability to move these products forward strategically.
- Real hands-on experience designing and building a product management process in a growing company, and evolving it over time.
- You must be extremely decisive, with the ability to move fast, having a strong bias for action and forward momentum always.
- You make logical, cogent arguments, and are predictable rather than ad hoc.
- You’re entrepreneurial, you don’t need direction, you’re self driven.
- You are opinionated rather than consensus driven, yet the teams you’ve worked with love working with you
- Solid background and understanding of small business SAAS, marketplace and payments market ecosystem
- Prior experience building and growing SAAS and payment products a plus.
About our Team
We are a team passionate about our product and making an impact for our customers. We work collaboratively across all departments. We love finding new ways to spread the word about our stylists and the beauty industry. Whether in meetings, out in salons, or sharing drinks, we mix creativity with practicality and analytics to drive results and grow our business.
At StyleSeat, we give independence and freedom to independent professionals. StyleSeat is the market leader for the online booking and appointment scheduling software for independent professionals. The StyleSeat network empowers stylists to manage and grow their business and helps consumers discover and book the perfect beauty services.