Are you interested in languages, education, and technology and want to work in one of the world’s best EdTech startups? Then join us and be part of a global, ambitious, and talented team that revolutionizes how we learn languages.
Busuu is one of the top 50 EdTech companies in the world and has won numerous awards for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to inspire the world to learn together. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with more than 115+ million users from 190 countries, growing at up to 50,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
If you are interested in EdTech and want to be a part of a mission-driven organisation then we would like to hear from you.
What does a Product Manager – Community squad do at Busuu?
With community at the heart of the Busuu learning experience, the Product Manager for the community squad is fundamental in achieving our vision. Busuu learners constantly tell us it is the community that is their favourite aspect of the product and the things that keeps them coming back.
Busuu’s community helps bring language learning alive. The community provides a safe environment to practice and connect with other language learners through advice, encouragement and support.
You will be responsible for growing our community of language learners and giving them the reasons to connect and continue in their language learning journey.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Driving the development and execution of the Community product roadmap by defining and delivering how the community engages across the self-led and tutor-led learning experience
- Collaborating with other product managers across squads and our education team to develop a holistic approach to online language learning that works for the business and our learners
- Uncovering ways to differentiate ourselves among our competitors through qualitative and quantitative analysis, and extensive market and customer research
- Providing clear and concise requirements for your squad engineers and working together to develop the best solutions in the most efficient manner
What we’re looking for in a Product Manager – Learning Experience
- You are passionate about community building in an education environment
- You are user-centric; everything you do is about uncovering the best way for our learners to learn together online
- You are analytical; you use quantitative and qualitative data at the heart of decision making, and you are familiar with AB testing and customer research principles.
- You use data to discover opportunities, identify issues and drive engagement and learner efficacy
- You are commercially aware, you can understand and explain the business context for decisions
- You are highly collaborative; you excel at communication and stakeholder management, bringing together people with diverse experiences, opinions and opportunities in order to drive decisions and action.
- You enjoy learning and sharing your learnings with others to help them improve. Working with product designers, learning designers, teachers, analysts and engineers you can call on all these areas to discover and deliver experiences that learners love, and which deliver commercial success and move our engagement metrics
- You are demonstrably outcome driven; you will have a proven track record in delivering measurable results
- You can motivate and inspire your team by being the voice of the learner and building a shared understanding of the problems our learners face and how we can help them
- You have experience working within an Agile development team and work well with engineers and product designers.
- Having an understanding of digital pedagogy to bring the best mix of live, self-access and community-based learning would be an advantage
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
We are currently operating a hybrid model where teams are in the office on certain days and working from home on others. We believe that face-to-face collaboration makes our jobs easier but we are acutely aware of the continued need to safeguard our staff and accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees so we are constantly reviewing the government guidelines and adapting accordingly.
- The office is well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of activities, both in person and remote, for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend conferences and events that you find interesting
- We have a subscription with Perkbox which has great additional benefits for you to choose from
- Busuu offers a great private health insurance scheme
- You can also join our company pension with contributions from Busuu
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for Product Manager -Community Squad is the following steps:
- CV application review – We will review it as quickly as possible
- Let’s chat – Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- A video call – 40-minute call with the hiring manager
- A short task – a chance for us to learn how you think about Product, and for all of us to learn how we can work together. Minimal preparation required for a 1.5 hour workshop.
- Wider team Interview – 1-2 hour interview to meet the team and for you to ask any outstanding questions