🏆 What’s the opportunity?
cargo.one is a product-first company. Guided by our objectives and key results (OKRs), we put an emphasis on designing outstanding user experiences all the while building a product that solves real problems. As part of the product team, you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with all of our teams to shape the future of the air freight industry.
We expect you to be close to our customers, keep an eye on the things you build and always have the user in mind. At cargo.one, you will join a team that fosters a positive, diverse, hard-working and feedback-heavy culture, with a strong dose of playfulness.
🔍 Who we are looking for?
You are a hands-on Senior Product Designer who is comfortable drive outcomes for users and the business successfully. Work closely within a cross-functional team to influence product strategy and rally them around elegant, innovative, simple solutions to multi-faceted, complex problems.
⚠️ This position is remote. You can decide where you’d like to be based from this growing list of countries.
🕵🏼♀️ What you’ll be doing:
- Communicate design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Understand both customer and business problems and use it as the basis for making informed design decisions.
- Incorporate Data Analysis and customer feedback through testing to validation of concepts and ideas.
- Occasionally wear multiple design hats, helping Product Managers and the business in the discovery phase of new initiatives.
- Use, evolve, and take ownership of our design system.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience is of high quality.
- Be part of a Scrum team that builds a solution to change the way air freight is booked today.
- Mentor more junior designers and share your expertise and best practices.
🙋🏽♀️ What you’ll need:
- An outstanding portfolio of product designs, showcasing a solid understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users.
- Utilise your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
- Experience with concept creation for new functionalities. You know how to convert such a concept into solutions and experiences that solve problems.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience running user interviews and building relationships with users.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with building software as part of a team. Ideally, you worked with Scrum before.
- Outstanding communication skills; fluent in English.
Our Ambition: To build the global operating system for air cargo.
In today’s globalized world, air freight impacts every aspect of daily life. However, the air cargo market is far behind the passenger booking experience. We are here to bring the air cargo industry into the 21st century, building a company from the ground up. Our intuitive digital platform makes booking shipments as simple as booking a holiday or business trip on Skyscanner or Kayak. We are the first product to provide real-time visibility of available capacity and prices, as well as additional quality parameters like temperature control.
We’ve partnered with global airlines such as Lufthansa, Etihad, AirBridgeCargo, Finnair, TAP and ANA while serving a fast-growing number of more than 1500 freight forwarding branches, including players such as Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Agility Global Integrated Logistics, DACHSER and Flexport. With top-tier investors Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Next47, Creandum, and Point Nine Capital on board, we are shaping the future of air cargo, and digitalising an industry.