Have you ever wondered how the Daily Show and Colbert create those amazing clip reels? They use SnapStream’s news and media moments product! 😎
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive growth and achieve our ambitious vision for SnapStream. 📺 You will be working with our awesome customers (Buzzfeed, Vox, and The White House to name a few) and internal teams to build and roll out products that empower news-makers, reporters, and influencers to tell compelling stories and shape the news cycle. As the company’s sole product manager, you will represent product on the company’s leadership team and grow the product team over time.
The ideal candidate is someone with significant agile product manager experience in a SaaS B2B environment, a passion for the news, and an entrepreneurial mindset who can strike a good balance between pondering possibilities and shipping products that delight users. ✨
- Meet with customers and get to the “why” behind their pain points and needs. Manage feature requests submitted by customers.
- Collaborate with the CEO to shape the vision for the product
Implement an established framework to take users through activation and engagement to drive retention
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define, own and communicate the product roadmap both internally and externally
- Work closely with our product designer to incorporate wireframes and other design artifacts into stories
- Participate actively as a member of the company leadership team. Help shape overall company direction
- Define and track product KPIs on a weekly basis as part of the company leadership team’s scorecard
- Stay on top of other companies who are building competitive products
- Significant experience as an agile product manager, preferably in a SaaS B2B environment.
- You live the agile manifesto and you have a strong knowledge of at least one agile methodology (Scrum preferred).
- Great written and verbal communication skills. You love to tell a story and you are a great listener too.
- Unending curiosity. You are excited to learn from customers and stakeholders. You ask open-ended questions and you actively listen. You dig deep to get to the “why” of things.
- Data-driven. You crave objective data. You make sure data collection is built into every feature. You are driven to understand what the data means and you use data-driven insights to drive product improvements.
- Experience successfully using one or more common user activation and engagement frameworks (such as Reforge) to improve user retention
- Solid collaboration and conflict-management skills. You love to work with others and you know how to build consensus. You bring ideas and passion but you are open to input and collaborating on decisions.
- True grit. You get things done despite obstacles. You help others do the same.
At SnapStream, our mission is to help organizations harness the power of moments to change how people communicate and form deeper connections. Moments of audio and video hold the power to drive reach and impact, but extracting these moments is too hard. SnapStream has 200+ happy customers and a strong cash flow with accelerating growth. If you have the drive to help us build something great and resonate with our core values, then you will make an impact.
SnapStream Core Values
Our core values serve as our operating system at SnapStream. It shapes how we work, who we hire and why we win. The SnapStream Way is to:
🔎Be curious: cultivate a culture of learning & continuous improvement. Go beyond the numbers to find deeper insights.
👟Walk in the customer’s shoes: spend time deeply understanding our customers so you can see the world through their eyes. Get to know the customer’s “why” to help us build products that help them achieve success.
🧪Experiment without fear: experiment boldly and be unafraid to change your thinking along the way. Test the best product insights, learn from the experiments and use the results to drive the roadmap.
🤩Be an owner: have a sense of personal responsibility, sweat the details, and think long term. Bring your viewpoint to the product, own the roadmap and deliver results for our customers.
👯♂️Enjoy the journey… together: work as one team by respecting, inspiring, and uplifting other. Help us build and improve the team. Challenge us. Grow with us.
We believe in taking care of all SnapStreamers by offering a broad suite of benefits and opportunities for growth.
- Work from anywhere and be part of a remote-first team with occasional in-person collaboration
- Be an owner and help build something meaningful. Every person at every level here at SnapStream has ownership in the company – we offer ALL full-time employees an equity stake in the company.
- Count on great insurance: health insurance plans paid 100% by us for employees, FSA or HSA, vision and dental, life insurance and disability insurance., FSA or HSA, vision and dental, life insurance and disability insurance.
- Stay balanced with paid vacation and paid parental leave.
- Plan for retirement with a 401k plan with company matching.
- Get & stay fit with gym memberships and fitness challenges that promote health and build team camaraderie.
- Enjoy freedom and collaboration – work with high-performing, collaborative coworkers in an intentional remote-first work environment powered by all the tools & technologies you need to be successful.
SnapStream is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.