WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Basis Technologies’ Product team is organized into 4 Product Management groups and 3 Product Excellence groups.
THE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT GROUPS ARE:
- Core Applications: This team is responsible for our Core Basis Application, as well as product solutions/customization and creative portals
- Platform Backend: This team leads our transaction-level and event-level systems to power media buying & measurement
- Data & Intelligence: This team builds on Basis Technologies’ long history of leveraging business intelligence internally, while helping build similar capabilities for our product customers
- Platform Services: This team builds product components & capabilities that are shared across the features of our flagship product, Basis Platform, and all related applications in the Basis ecosystem
THE PRODUCT EXCELLENCE GROUPS ARE:
- Product Experience: Product Experience is responsible for delivering leading user experiences and supporting the required user-outcomes across our solutions and products
- Product Strategy: This team provides critical research on product development work and clarifies the many opportunities available for strategic and market impact
- Data Science: This team provides excellence in Machine Learning capabilities in features across planning, execution, and measurement of campaigns, as well as predictive capabilities in workflow and automation
The customer experience is paramount to this team’s work—and incorporates market research, cross-departmental stakeholder collaboration, user testing, communicating feature requests to engineers and designers, monitoring the impact of new feature roll-out, measuring returns on product investments, and more. Together, we leverage our diverse industry experience and talent to brainstorm new ideas, iterate on past ones, and deliver the best possible product for our users
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Basis Technologies is looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join us, working on the Platform Services team. As we continue to build the most comprehensive, automated, and intelligent digital media platform, this role will have a direct impact on growing the business by developing and deepening our SEM capabilities.
OUR SEM OFFERING IS BUILT ON THREE PILLARS:
1. Deep data integration with advertising platforms, enabling comprehensive reporting capabilities
2. Fully automated bid management that leverages ML to optimize our customer’s marketing budget
3. Efficient workflows for cross-platform campaign management, increasing marketing team’s efficiency
The successful candidate for this position should have a proven background in product management, with a focus on delighting enterprise customers through innovative technology. Other ways you will contribute to the team are by:
- Taking part in defining the product strategy, vision, and roadmap for our SEM product, in collaboration with the Basis product team
- Understanding multilateral business needs, customer needs, and the Ad-tech landscape and trends, SEM in particular
- Working closely with internal stakeholders, platform clients, and other product teams to gather business needs and turn them into manageable projects
- Collaborating closely with Data Science to build, continuously validate, and evolve optimization algorithms
- Being clear on task prioritization, and logical sequences in communication to stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining the role of a “trusted advisor” with product leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to drive long-term impact
- Bringing strong awareness and knowledge of direct competitors to ensure that Basis’ product offerings are leaders in the Ad-tech landscape, with a special focus on SEM
- Working through product Discovery, Definition, and Delivery in collaboration with other teams
- Collaborating closely with other Product Managers to ensure alignment across teams, understanding priorities and inter-dependencies across various initiatives
- Monitoring and measuring the success of launched features to maintain a tight learning loop, leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data to continually inform the product development process
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years of experience working in technical product management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience writing detailed product and technical specifications
- Experience working with Data Science to build AI/ML products or features
- Ability to work with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability, and performance
- Experience working with enterprise SaaS products
- Extra points for MarTech/AdTech/SEM experience
Don’t think you have all the skills required for this role? That’s okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.