Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our innovative, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 200 across 3 locations.
Motorway is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having recently raised £48m in Series B funding from Index Ventures, BMW iVentures and others.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth, build amazing products and help change an industry for the better.
Product culture at Motorway
At Motorway, we’re strong believers in the value of empowered teams. As a Product Manager, you’ll work with a cross-functional squad to determine the right things to build that deliver the most value to our customers and the business. You’ll do this using a dual-track discovery/delivery approach, rapidly evaluating opportunities through user research, data analysis and experimentation, and you’ll measure and communicate your impact based on outcomes rather than outputs.
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter to help develop our award-winning vehicle acquisition platform, focussing specifically on the post-sale part of the journey and helping our network of thousands of dealer partners to manage their purchases.
This is a critical area of the business that’s experiencing rapid growth, and an incredible opportunity to help create an industry-leading platform using best-in-class Product Management practices. You’ll join our Product and Engineering team (currently 50 people and growing fast) and lead a cross-functional team covering UX, design, engineering and QA. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders throughout the business and will be supported by our Lead Product Manager, who will provide coaching and champion your personal and career development.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the market, using quantitative and qualitative discovery, testing and interview techniques to identify the biggest opportunities.
- Work closely with your squad to scope, build and measure innovative solutions, generate learnings and continuously iterate.
- Create and own an ambitious outcome-driven product roadmap for your team, aligned with our wider strategy and vision.
- Prioritise ruthlessly, ensuring that the squad remains focussed on solving the most important problems and that you can communicate the rationale behind your decisions.
- Work with our data team to define metrics for measuring success and regularly monitor and report on the performance of products and new features.
- Lead stakeholder sessions to update on the squad’s progress, discovery/ experimentation findings and the impact of features shipped.
- Champion the product and be responsible for communicating product launches both internally and externally.
- Stay on top of technological and industry trends, highlighting how we can proactively stay ahead of the curve.
- Demonstrable experience in a fast-paced product management role. B2B and startup/scaleup experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Curious and proactive mindset with a bias for action.
- A passionate and enthusiastic leader who enjoys leading a team.
- A track record of improving user experiences and delivering tangible business growth through product initiatives.
- Extensive experience of working within cross-functional teams in an outcome-driven way. Comfortable with delivering at speed, learning quickly then iterating.
- A customer-centric attitude. You strive to create amazing user experiences and know the importance of continuous discovery, regularly engaging with your users to gather feedback and validate assumptions.
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodologies and ways of working.
- Solid knowledge of web technologies and web development practice. You may not be from a technical background but you love learning how everything fits together and can actively participate and contribute to technical discussions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly with a mix of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong visual and product taste, resulting in products that have the wow factor and first-class UX.
- A natural collaborator, with a strong sense of humility, who enjoys working with all areas of the business, including sales, marketing, content and data teams.
- Drive to win and a willingness to take bold decisions when necessary.
- A competitive salary.
- A stake in the business, via our stock option programme, enabling you to share in the future growth and success of Motorway.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- £350 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.