Cuvva is making car insurance radically better. 🚙
We’re creating truly flexible products that meet people’s real needs. Using lightning-fast technology to unlock better experiences and fairer prices for our customers, Cuvva is building the future of insurance every day.
Cuvva was the first UK company to sell hourly insurance through an app. Since then we’ve sold over 4 million policies and supported over half a million customers. We’re a world-class team of over 150 people, passionate about solving our customers’ problems. Join us. 🚀
The Cuvva Culture & Values:
We don’t cut corners. We try to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us. 👩💻
Being customer centric means everyone in every area of the business – including our CEO, Freddy – spends a few hours a month on customer support. This helps us fully understand our customers’ needs and how the app works. Here’s a blog post on our ‘COps Club’. 👀
We’ll speak up when we have an idea – but we know when to let go and get behind something else. 💡
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things. It’s the Cuvva way.
We’re building a diverse team with different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. So we give everyone a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva.
If you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying to Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the role
We are looking for a product manager with proven experience in delivering on a bold roadmap with awesome results. A leader of the team with the ability to understand the customer problems deeply through research, data or instinct & work with the team to create solutions that solve problems and delight customers. Responsible for the team’s roadmap, direction and prioritisation, this person will know when to be pragmatic to always ship and keep a high pace of releases of high value with the team culture to support each other in the tough times. You’ll collaborate with some really impressive product managers and the product director to make sure we’re all on track in delivering on the vision.
You lead by example and go the extra mile to be hands on when you need to if you see a gap and want to be responsible for a wide area of the product experience and collaborating with large parts of the company. As we enter our next phase of growth to our series B and beyond we’re looking for bar raisers with the ability to grow their team’s ability to build great robust products.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be:
– Executing on the product roadmap you’ve set with the team, helping them set objectives and prioritise against the customers’ needs
– Working with complex dependencies across product teams and coordinate to find a path to a successful solution.
– Collaborating with teams across Cuvva to make sure you’re aligned in the direction and communicate changes to customers.
– Working with the research and data team to gather insights on problems, quantify them and develop them into the roadmap
– Owning the end to end journey of your area of product in Cuvva. We’ll empower you to do it.
– Managing high standards across the team to monitor bugs, customer complaints and prioritise them. We’re advocates for top quality products.
– An active member hiring across product from designers to engineers. And supporting the product function to scale as we hit growth milestones.
You’ll do great here if you
– Share knowledge across product, engineering & the business by giving great feedback across teams.
– Partner with the engineering manager, engineers & designers in planning work, shaping product scope and delivery.
– Are able to deconstruct solutions with your team to solve the customer problem with strong documentation skills to clearly communicate this vision when building.
– Deeply value researching initiatives and the expected outcomes & partner closely with research to always be on the same page in your direction.
– A clear passion for being customer centred, you want to get them on a call to understand their thoughts on the products you build.
– Love building great products people use everyday and have done it before. You’ve got an eye for great design and know what great UX feels like.
– Have vision and have great instinct into what people will want with a great ability to work with research combined with data to back it up.
– Have a clear ability to solve complex problems and turn them into very simple solutions.
– Want to find out what works fast through experimenting in the product.
– Are someone the team can relate to, trust and want to work with. We deeply value strong connections within the team!
– You have the desire and energy to make an impact – you make things happen. And others would back you up on it.
– Have worked on mobile first products that are known for their user experience and you have demonstrable impact in it.
It’s a bonus if you
– Have experience in a very experimental environment which has resulted in significant growth in a product.
– Have managed the roll out of significant product releases, and can back up the successes with numbers.
– Have a design or software engineering background
It’s not for you if:
– Need top down instructions. We’re a fast moving company and need people who can handle the autonomy to get things into customers hands.
– Have not worked much with data. We need to make sure our decisions have a strong data backing and understand gut feeling won’t always be right.
– You’re not open to feedback or are inexperienced with stakeholder management. Product is a team sport and we need to do right by the customer and be ego free to find the best solutions to problems.
As well as a competitive salary and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
– Professional development budget
– Health, WFH and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
– 25 days of holiday a year (+ public holidays 🌞)
– Increases to all allowances year on year
– Enhanced parental leave
– Cycle to work scheme
– Brand new MacBook and any other hardware you need 💻
– A day off to volunteer
– One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coaches, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
– Salary sacrifice scheme for electric car lease
– Hundreds of perks and discounts
– Lifeworks – mental health tool & assistance programme
– £100 a month towards your Cuvva car insurance
– Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements 🏡
– Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team 💸
– Monthly team socials (we’ve done things like Dabbers bingo, an online wine tasting, and themed virtual pub quizzes) 🎤
– Office library full of great books 📚
– Season ticket loans 🚂
– Regular team lunches (even when we’re remote!)