The product lead works with the team to create the vision for our data and evidence tools, and sets the day-to-day priorities to fulfil that vision and ensure the team delivers.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to celebrating and supporting diversity. We know we will thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, and particularly welcome applications from people with experiences of homelessness.
IN A NUTSHELL:
You will be part of the small and dynamic team at the Centre for Homelessness Impact, overseeing and delivering services and products that support people to use data and evidence to end homelessness.
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT FOR THE CENTRE’S WORK
Our mission is to “end homelessness with evidence”. This is our North Star. We understand that we can only create a society in which any experience of homelessness is rare, brief and non-recurring by giving policy makers and people on the ground the tools and evidence of what works. We are looking for someone to lead and shape our first product team so that it is ruthlessly focused on meeting the needs of the people that use our tools.
As a Product Lead, you will help the Centre and its partners by:
- Developing, operating and continually improving the Centre’s digital products and services, starting with the existing evidence tools.
- Setting product vision and communicating direction through an effective product roadmap
- Setting measurable goals and reporting against these to demonstrate progress and build trust amongst users and partners.
- Building and leading a high-performing multi-disciplinary product team
- Helping the team establish rhythms and rituals to help continually improve ways of working
- Fostering a culture of rapid iteration to test ideas, and assumptions with actual users
- Providing in-depth knowledge of the users’ needs and championing these in the delivery of our data and evidence digital products and the services
- Always helping the team prioritise and focus on the next most important thing.
- Promoting and being the public advocate for evidence tools and their role in ending homelessness.
- Coaching colleagues in agile, user centred product delivery
Your experience and skills:
- You have a proven track record of delivering and maintaining digital products. You may have worked at a start-up or at an in-house product team.
- You are passionate about uncovering user needs, identifying opportunities and translating them into better products and services.
- You are able to use insights from ongoing, embedded user research to ensure the team identifies and prioritises the needs of users.
- Experience of building and leading a high-performing multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers and internal and external subject specialists.
- Practitioner-level understanding of how to apply agile and lean, and user-centred practice to ensure the team is continuously delivering incremental value.
- Able to lead the team to explore opportunities through rapid, incremental and iterative research and prototyping to test hypotheses and assumptions.
- You believe in the importance of using data and insights in decision-making.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in visual design skills
- Can think conceptually (and can possibly quickly sketch the concept rather than document it!)
- Expertise in prototyping
- Experience in data analysis
- Communicating in the open (e.g. through regular blogging)
- Can simplify things and avoids jargon
Closing Date: Midday Wednesday 24 November 2021.
Interviews will take place w/c 29 November 2021 via video call.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV, some examples of your work and a cover letter (up to two sides of A4) to email@example.com, detailing why you think you are qualified for this role and why you want to work at the Centre.
For a brief discussion about the role please contact Karoline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website is currently undergoing some change therefore this position is currently unavailable to view online, we will update this as soon as we can.
It would be really beneficial if, in your application, you can please state where you initially saw the role advertised.