This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
As a Principal Product Manager for GoDaddy.com, you will help entrepreneurs discover everything they need to build a successful online venture. You will develop an inspiring product vision, derived from deeply understanding customer needs, market opportunities and technology trends. You will define the strategies and tactics to meet those needs, and partner with design and engineering to build and execute a roadmap of solutions. We’ll count on you to independently lead product discovery, ideation, alignment, delivery, and ongoing iterative improvement. We believe in data, so you’ll work closely with both analysts and researchers to demonstrate the results your creative designs deliver in both customer satisfaction and business performance.
The right candidate for this role has a strong customer focus and a proven track record of building simple-to-use web products that customers love.
- Define the product vision, strategies, and roadmap for GoDaddy site for customer on-ramps and intent recognition
- Incorporate data, research, and market analysis to inform product feature strategies and roadmaps
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, user stories, and prototypes
- Work collaboratively with marketing, design, engineering, and data science to build, prioritize, and execute on your backlog
- Develop innovative solutions to customer problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions
- Utilize experimentation standard methodologies to launch new product features, test their performance, and iterate quickly
- Define and measure critical performance metrics for your product area
- Regularly communicate progress and results
What you’ll get to do…
- 8+ years in product management in a fast-paced online environment
- Experience independently driving large-scale product strategy that affects customers.
- Experience leading and influencing cross functional teams with a customer-focused approach
- Experience defining strategy and executing a prioritized roadmap for product areas
- Experience designing, running, and analyzing statistical hypothesis tests
- Experience drafting product feature requirements; building and prioritizing backlogs
- Experience partnering with stakeholders, engineering leaders and evangelizing product features
- Proficiency in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to identify and solve complex, ambiguous problems
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques, and technologies
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a high attention to detail
- Passionate, self-starter, inventive, data-driven and accountable
Your experience should include…
- Customer Advocate: Thinks and prioritizes through the voice of the customer
- Self-Starter: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who pro-actively thinks outside of the box.
- Technology Forward: Has an interest in technology, ability to understand technical concepts that tackle customer problems.
- Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and further intellect; observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify measurable insights.
- Problem Solver: Continually resolve issues through active problem solving and aiming to answer questions before they are asked.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to bring disparate stakeholders together to resolve issues, drive consensus and prioritize workload.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
- Judgement: Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant actions.
- Team Oriented: Thrives in collaborative team environment.
We’ve got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.