We are looking for a product manager to join and lead our Commercial Product Team. You’ll join a team of digital product managers; we have five product teams working to different areas of the NHM strategy.
You’ll work to deliver world-class digital products for the Museum, in support of our bold new mission to substantially grow audiences across all digital platforms whilst supporting ambitious digital revenue targets. In addition, you’ll work to the Museum’s digital goals, deliver exceptional customer experiences and fit with our brand vision.
Our product teams are set up in a similar way to squads – they are goal-led and empowered. You will take a hands-on role leading a product delivery team, this will include end to end responsibility for discovery (research), validating, testing and delivering product initiatives that support the Museum’s digital goals and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
The Commercial Product team holds a significant role in us successfully achieving our strategic aims. You’ll be responsible for digital products that deliver global impact including world renowned Wildlife Photographer of the Year. You’ll iterate on the membership product and build out new digital initiatives to help us to raise funds. You’ll collaborate with other product teams to build a cohesive experience across different elements of the Museum customer experience and service design.
You will have deep digital product management experience, delivering highly successful consumer products that drive conversion. Along with a successful track record in working in an agile / lean environment, using data, testing and experimentation to inform decision making, you will also be comfortable working in a collaborative and fast paced environment, leading teams to success.
What we offer
- 27.5 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (full time equivalent)
- Generous defined contribution Natural History Museum Pension Scheme (employer contribution up to 10%)
- Free admission to our exhibitions and many other paid exhibitions at museums, galleries and institutions across the country, such as the British Museum, V&A, National Gallery, Royal Academy and Tate
- Affordable membership to the Civil Service Sports Council which offers a range of benefits including a free digital Tastecard, discounted cinema tickets and corporate membership of English Heritage sites (including Dover Castle and Stonehenge). For more details, visit https://www.cssc.co.uk
- Membership to our Sports and Social Association (for a small fee), which includes access to our in-house gym and clubs such as football, softball, table tennis and tennis and classes in Middle Eastern dance, yoga and Tai Chi
- Staff discounts at a range of local businesses and services
- Staff discount at our Museum shops and cafes
- Season ticket, bicycle and rental loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Professional development opportunities – We are committed to the professional development of our staff and offer a range of courses to ensure they reach their potential. We also sponsor professional qualifications and job-related professional membership fees.