Blue Cross has been helping sick, injured, abandoned and homeless pets since 1897. We support and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Our Digital Team is going through an exciting period of growth and change. As a part of the team, you’ll help Blue Cross adopt agile ways of working, delivering value for the people who use our services and support us and improving the lives of pets. You’ll be the voice of the user, helping us to deliver products that improve lives of pets and their people.
About the role
The digital product manager will work closely with Rupert Roker (Senior Digital Product Manager) and Ezinda Franklin-Houtzager (Head of Digital Marketing) to build and embed a user-focused product approach at Blue Cross and be a part of the team responsible for development and continuous improvement of digital products to support our ambitious organisational strategy and our Digital Marketing Strategy.
They will work as a part of the team delivering our roadmap for the website and digital products, and work with the wider Digital Team to deliver projects and products to achieve measurable outcomes for pets in need.
What you might find yourself doing:
- Work with the Senior Digital Product Manager on website development, accessibility, architecture and workflows. This includes development planning, prioritisation, backlog refinement and roadmaps, as well as agency and stakeholder management.
- Lead on the management and delivery of individual digital products.
- Collaborate with our User Experience Designer to ensure that our digital products are truly user focused
- Use data and insight to inform decisions, and communicate those decisions to others in a way that brings them on the journey.
- Work collaboratively with all teams, from marketing to fundraising to drive best practice across the charity in product management, user experience, user research and testing.
- Support the wider Digital Team on their SEO strategy and provide the relevant insight and technical support.
- Embed agile ways of working in the team and beyond to allow for fast, iterative evidence-based product development
Build strong relationships with our digital partner agencies
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- enjoy fostering open communication and engaging multiple people in a digital design and development process
- want to help shape a user-centred and agile product culture
are flexible and want to get stuck in with a variety of aspects of product development
- can work with others to develop strategy and prioritised roadmaps
- invest time in listening and understanding the needs of users
- understand how to develop hypotheses and experiments to test out ideas
- seek data to help you solve problems and reduce uncertainty
- enjoy solving problems, and debugging websites
- have an awareness of what you don’t yet know and a willingness to try things out and learn
- want to continue learning and enjoy staying up to date with new ideas and practices
- enjoy sharing your knowledge and skills with others
It is also desirable (but not necessary) for you to have:
- Technical knowledge of (or a desire to learn more) Drupal CMS
a solid understanding of user experience and information architecture
- successfully used google analytics, tag manager, data studio and other digital metrics tools in the past
- good knowledge of SEO principles
- Strong technical expertise, with particular emphasis on web, analytics, mobile, search, e-commerce, CRM
How to apply:
We’ve developed a unique CV-less application process with Collaborative Future, which will ask you to answer the following questions:
- Provide an example of when you’ve needed to build shared understanding and priorities among a team. What challenges did you face and what approaches did you personally take to overcome those challenges?
- Provide an example of when you’ve used data and/or user insight to help you in your work. What problems were you trying to understand and how did you use the data or insight to inform changes or decisions?
- As a small team we often need to be flexible and adaptable, while also supporting one another to make the best use of our strengths. Share up to three unique strengths or perspectives you think you would bring to this team and role, and how they’ve been helpful to you in the past.
To apply for this role please complete this form by 5pm on Wednesday 9th February
If you’d prefer to email us the responses to the outlined application questions please email email@example.com.
The aim of this approach is to make the opportunity as accessible as possible and ensure a diverse range of people are able to demonstrate their potential.