Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker who wants to impact small businesses and the lives of hourly workers.
- You are a hands-on leader who is highly data-driven, and you dive in deep to ensure the story the data is telling matches the reality on the ground.
- You love understanding how things work – and how they break – in a never-ending journey to seek out just a little more value for your customer and your team.
- You are obsessed with making things as easy to use as they can possibly be. Friction is your nemesis.
- You are motivated by working on things that are hard and inspired.
- You are an example when it comes to trying new things and venturing where others would not.
- You are a culture driver, and you want to build the best working culture on the planet.
- You love building high-functioning product teams.
You set big goals for yourself and your team, and you accelerate the path to accomplishing them.
Homebase Payroll is a new team tasked with building a payroll solution targeted to Mainstreet and hourly workers. This addresses a gap in a market full of solutions targeting complex organizations with salaried workforces. The team has seen tremendous interest and adoption from our customers, and it is one of the key growth levers for Homebase.
As Director of Product for the Payroll team, you are responsible for leading the payroll product team to build delightful experiences that uniquely solve our customers’ payroll needs. You are responsible for the end-to-end customer experience, and your success is tied to the success of our customers, their adoption, usage, and love for the payroll product.
You will have a large scope, including customer-facing user experiences, internal tooling, internal control systems, and 3rd party systems integrations. You’ll also have one of the most cross-functional roles at the company, partnering closely with sales, operations, marketing, platform, and business development. You will be responsible for building the team to meet the business objectives, and you will report to the VP of Product.
- Define the strategy, roadmap, and business goals for the Payroll team.
- Lead a cross-functional team to prioritize and execute on the highest impact opportunities.
- Partner with Payroll business and operations leadership to achieve industry-leading efficiency and simplicity for our customers.
- Collaborate with our marketing, sales, design, and engineering teams to deliver the business objectives.
- Gather & analyze large amounts of quantitative & qualitative customer data to help identify, prioritize and measure the impact of opportunities.
- Present payroll strategy, roadmap, and updates to the rest of the company, including the executive team.
- Build and nurture a diverse and inclusive team of expert payroll product managers.
- Participate in product leadership discussions to define and execute on the Homebase product playbook.
- 10+ years of product management experience, preferably for a high-growth SaaS or consumer product.
- Demonstrated track record of driving positive impact on user and revenue growth using hypothesis-driven product development practices
- Excellent analytical skills , including the ability to gather and analyze data sets (including the use of basic statistical concepts) and to interpret them to make business decisions
- Experience developing user flows, communications, onboarding experiences , or engagement paths
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing opportunities and to articulate the rationale behind your decisions
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Resourceful, self-motivated , and able to be successful in an entrepreneurial team-based environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Affinity for small businesses
- Experience with payroll is a plus
What We Offer You
Colorado Only: The minimum salary for this position is $190,000 per year. Final offers may vary based on several factors including experience and expertise.
- Generous accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Stock Options – Everyone is an owner
- Fun Team Activities
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.