Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
- You love the challenge of bringing complex, thorny things to life in a simple and elegant way.
- You are ethical and always do the right thing for the customer, even if it is the harder thing.
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker and leader who wants to have an impact on local businesses and the lives of hourly workers.
- You are scrappy and you are relentless in finding product/market fit.
- You are hands-on and can make sound decisions based on internal and external data, research and existing patterns.
- You aren’t afraid to talk to customers and quickly pivot based on their needs.
- You are a culture driver and you want to build the best working culture on the planet.
- You set big goals for yourself and your team, you accelerate the path to accomplishing goals, and you have a track record of achieving results.
Homebase launched Cashout to our hourly workers earlier this year to give them access to their pay sooner, and help them avoid paying the ridiculous overdraft and payload loan fees. Our understanding of small businesses and hourly workers uniquely positions us to solve the hourly worker’s financial needs better than any of the legacy and neo-financial institutions. This role will be to extend our financial products offering to introduce new products to hourly workers.
You will be responsible for leading the product effort to build our new financial product. You’ll work closely with our founders, product and engineering leaders to build out financial products that provide much needed solutions to the more than one million employees that use our services to manage their work. You will need to work with business and operations teams to build a viable business and a product that customers love. This is a highly visible role as financial products is a key growth lever for Homebase. This role will report to the VP of Product.
- Conduct customer research to understand their needs.
- Define the product vision, value proposition, user stories and deliverables.
- Collaborate with x-functional teams to build the product, experiment, collect data, analyze and iterate/pivot to find product/market fit.
- Collaborate with operations to build internal tools to support the product.
- Partner with finance on risk and fraud modeling, and assessing and mitigating financial and legal risks.
- Test the product to ensure it meets the Homebase standard.
- Present findings, strategies and plans to x-functional leads and the executive team.
- Define KPIs to deliver a viable, sustainable business.
- Partner with other product teams, and the VP of Product to ensure there is a cohesive product strategy.
- 10+ years of product management experience as a product owner or product manager, preferably within B2C fintech.
- Strong experience delivering market leading mobile consumer experiences.
- Track record of leading new complex initiatives with limited resources
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex rollouts with multiple stakeholders, preferably in a company with multiple product lines.
- Experience conducting user research to identify pain points and educate product design.
- Experience engaging with customer support and operations to build internal tools to support consumer experiences.
- Excel modeling proficiency and basic SQL proficiency for data analysis.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer You
- Generous accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Stock Options – Everyone is an owner
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Homebase is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.