Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
- You are passionate about empowering small businesses to make them successful.
- You are a hands-on product manager who can make sound decisions based on data, research, patterns and product sense.
- You love customer research and are able to stitch together insights from qualitative and quantitative findings to create compelling product experiences.
- You are motivated by working on things that are hard and inspired.
- You are obsessed with making things as easy to use as they can possibly be.
- You are an example when it comes to trying new things and venturing where others would not.
- You are a culture driver and you want to build the best working culture on the planet.
- You set big goals for yourself and you accelerate the path to accomplishing goals.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing the product strategy, roadmap, and extensibility of the framework of our Homebase platform. You will own the key areas that touch all the products that Homebase offers, such as navigation, settings, notifications, permissions, etc. You will lead research with customers and other product teams, develop KPIs, execute on the roadmap with the design and engineering team, and work with our marketing and customer success teams to effectively launch to new and existing customers. This role reports to the Director of Product.
- Understand customer and company needs by partnering closely with product, marketing and customer success teams.
- Drive product discovery with qualitative and quantitative customer research.
- Lead the product strategy and roadmap for Homebase framework.
- Define goals and key performance indicators to drive towards the easiest and most extensible solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams and VP of product to build a cohesive product strategy.
- Partner closely with engineering and design to build a high quality product that customers love.
- Collaborate with marketing and customer success to align on go-to-market plans and internal tooling support.
- Partner with the data science team to instrument and analyze customer behavior.
- Lead product check-ins with stakeholders and the executive team.
- 5+ years of product management or related experience, preferably within a high growth B2C/B2b SaaS.
- Demonstrated understanding of product discovery and delivery methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to hard problems – making sound decisions on how to ship value, learn and iterate.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to gather and analyze data sets and to interpret them to make sound business decisions.
- Experience across the product lifecycle from ideation & strategy to go to market to tracking KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing opportunities.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer You
Colorado Only: The minimum salary for this position is $180,000 per year. Final offers may vary based on several factors including experience and expertise.
Generous accrued PTO
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
401(k) with 4% match
Stock Options – Everyone is an owner
Fun Team Activities
A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.