Lantum is transforming how the global healthcare system connects with its workforce. Our platform supports healthcare organisations to schedule and connect with their workforce saving precious time and money and improving workforce satisfaction.
We have supported over 2,000 healthcare organisations, including almost 100 COVID-19 vaccination centres, and we are the UK’s number one healthcare workforce management platform, by number of organisations using it. We are proud to have played a pivotal role in supporting the NHS scheduling tens of thousands of clinicians across the country. We have consistent and strong growth, supportive VC backers, and most importantly, a talented team of passionate people, committed to positively impacting people’s lives.
We are looking to hire a Head of Product Design to build and lead our design strategy that culminates in a delightful user experience for all. As a player coach, you will initially lead a small team of contractors before building a permanent design team from scratch, ensuring we bring on the right skill-sets to deliver our company strategy. By leveraging lean principles and product-led growth techniques, you will lead the team to identify and solve complex user problems, and drive and scale and engaged and delighted end-user base through the product
Success in the role is:
- Leading team: attracted, built and grown a team of product designers, who have contributed positively to company culture and owned design steps of our EPD process.
- User-focused product: innovative features that solve problems transcending user requests, identified and created through collective feedback, research and tracking.
- Roadmap delivery: set and defined roadmap milestones with Product, to which design deadlines were met, allowing Engineering to scope fully and deliver on time.
- Business empathy: employees accessed “the why” behind features built for our users as well as how solutions complemented our mission, found in research documented and shared.
- Best-in-class design: won over new clients and investors, through demonstration of articulate and beautiful experiences on the existing and future platform.
As such, you will be accountable for:
- Creating a high performing team, by identifying individual motivations and development aspirations, to facilitate maximum achievement at Lantum through mentorship and coaching.
- Linking the company strategy and growth goals and translating them into a clear and actionable design strategy.
- Creating a culture of rapid and lean design processes, building strong relationships with end users, learning and iterating quickly.
- Overall responsible for the creation of seamless and frictionless user workflows which drive engagement, regular use, delight among users and ultimately, drive and accelerate the speed within which referrals happen to new users.
- Spreading empathy; so everyone at Lantum knows our users’ motivations and frustrations, contextualising the important work we do for all our users everyday.
- Driving collaboration across the business by building stakeholder relationships, influencing teams cross-functionally to achieve shared company goals and deliver towards the company mission
We want every employee to live the core values of the business:
- More than me – Our goals are too big to achieve on our own, it takes diverse skills and various people to achieve greatness.
- Care a lot – Doing the right thing is not optional (even when no one is watching). We care a lot about each other, our users, the NHS. We hold each other to the highest standards and earn our reputation every day.
- See it thru – An endless pursuit of excellence. We take pride in planning and execution of all types of work – we are not deterred by bumps in the road or adversity, we relish the challenge and we keep going.
- Think around corners – We stay ahead of the curve at all times, All of us share a responsibility to challenge the status quo, think out of the box, think creatively, turn problems on their head and turn weaknesses into strengths, it takes deep thought and analytical firepower.
- Bounce back & learn – Having a positive mental attitude, resilience, determination to learn and improve. It is better to try and learn than not try at all and being open to changing from what you learned is what makes us successful
- Deep understanding of product-led growth techniques and what drives growth from within the product itself
- An impressive portfolio of product work or self initiated range of projects
- Strong communication and written skills, with UX writing examples a plus
- Background in leading qualitative and quantitative research processes
- Skilled in providing constructive feedback, yet open to being challenged
- Pragmatic about short to medium term product deliverables
- Aptitude for product strategy development and future visioning
- An expert with Figma and prototyping
- Advocate of building living design systems & integrating it with front end
- Passionate about the Lantum mission and the impact design can have in healthcare
Not only do we offer a competitive salary but here at Lantum we are committed to our employees professional and personal development.
Our benefits package consists of:
- £200 stipend towards home office equipment
- Health Shield cash plan
- Pension (up to 4% matching)
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to Spill, a mental health support app
We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you. All you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.