At SimplyCook our mission is to bring joy and exceptional flavour to millions of mealtimes globally, by making it easy for our customers to cook delicious and exciting meals at home.
We’re a tech-enabled food subscription business delivering over 600,000 products a month to our customers all over the UK and we are growing quickly. Our core product is a monthly subscription box containing flavour kits (sauces, spices, pastes) and super simple recipe cards to make it quick and easy for customers to discover and cook new meals. This product is supported by Android and iOS apps – using the latest React Native framework – and our website.
We’re backed by Nestlé who share our ambitious growth plans and vision. We might be a relatively small team but we manage to punch well above our weight by being agile in our decision making, collaborative in how we work together and, most importantly, incredibly passionate about sharing our products with more and more people.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our cross-functional LTV Product Squad. This squad is focused on initiatives affecting the long term value we deliver to our customers, with the goal of improving revenue and retention metrics for the business. This is a great opportunity to lead an empowered team with a high degree of autonomy for a key area of the business.
As LTV Product Manager you will:
- Become an expert on our users. Regularly speaking and interacting with our passionate users, you’ll learn about their needs, pain points and ‘aha’ moments, ensuring everything we do solves significant user problems.
- Identify high-impact opportunities for revenue and retention. Working in short iterations, you’ll generate and test assumptions and hypotheses through continuous discovery and lightweight experimentation.
- Lead a cross-functional Product Squad. You’ll have autonomy to make improvements to all areas of our product, website and overall customer experience in the pursuit of growth.
- Obsess over data and key metrics. Leveraging data to make decisions and to devise, set up and test innovative solutions and evaluate results.
- Collaborate with all areas of our business. You’ll work closely with our senior leadership team, designers, developers, and data analysts, ensuring they are deeply involved throughout the whole process.
You should apply if:
- You’ve previously led cross-functional teams as a Product Manager in a fast growing business.
- You have a strong analytical and commercial mindset with an obsessive focus on data and rapid experimentation.
- You’re adept at taking a highly collaborative approach to working on features owned by other product teams and have very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re a creative thinker, able to reverse-engineer complicated problems and reason from first principles.
- You have hands-on experience with user research techniques and an understanding of direct to consumer subscription-based services.
- You possess humility, optimism, infectious enthusiasm and a desire to learn and grow fast.
This isn’t for you if:
- You haven’t worked in a product management role to ship a user-facing product or feature before. We know there are many great product managers and product owners working on features for internal stakeholders, but due to the importance of this role we need strong experience working with the uncertainty of product discovery and experimentation.
- You need the structure of established processes. We’re building a product function from the ground up. As such, it’s essential you have a proven track record of working in an uncertain environment.
- You don’t have a history of making commercial, data-driven decisions. It’s important that we not only achieve our growth ambitions, but that we also know the experiments and features we have built are responsible. As such we’ll be asking for examples of this during our recruitment process.
We’re a small but mighty team based out of London and growing quickly. We all aim to bring joy into our workplace, whilst also being supportive of each other and creating a great working culture. We enjoy spending time together with the option to get involved with team socials, celebrations and more.
- A competitive salary
- 35 days holiday a year
- Be part of a rapidly growing business with international expansion plans
- Become carbon positive person through our employee carbon offsetting scheme
- Flexible, hybrid working culture
- Free SimplyCook subscription (well, we are a food business!)
- First access to new dishes from the kitchen for testing
- Free tea, coffee, snacks and access to the beer fridge when working from the office