Who are we?
We’re Breakroom (https://www.breakroom.cc) and we’re turning every job into a good job.
We’re building a community powered rating for every job in the world, and publishing it all online. We’re making sure everyone has access to great information to power the next step in their career, and we’re supporting employers to create good jobs along the way.
Over 170,000 people have used Breakroom since we launched, and we’ve rated 1,300 employers across the UK.
We’re a seed-stage startup, backed by Northzone, Profounders and Revent, alongside social impact investors the Resolution Foundation who help set the Real Living Wage.
We’re building a world-class, inclusive team. We welcome applications from groups traditionally underrepresented in technology startups, especially women and gender minorities, people of colour, and people with a non-traditional educational background.
Why work with us?
As part of the team at Breakroom you’ll be making a difference to the working lives of millions of people in the UK and beyond.
You’ll be joining us at an early stage in our growth, and you’ll be able to make the role yours and grow as Breakroom grows. You’ll influence not just what we do, but how we do it, and play a part in shaping Breakroom’s culture for years to come.
We’re building a safe and inclusive workplace, where everyone is valued for their contribution and able to do the best work they can in a fun and supportive environment.
We’ve just moved into a new office at Second Home in Spitafields, London, but many of the team choose to work remotely a number of days a week. Eventually we expect we’ll have a few days each week for creative, collaborative work, so you’ll need to be within commuting distance.
How we work
We use a lightweight agile approach to product development and we adapt and evolve how we work as we learn and grow.
You can expect to be heavily involved in regular planning sessions, retrospectives, demos and standups. We value shipping early and learning quickly, using rapid prototyping to explore an idea before building a full feature.
We do regular user research with real workers, and we make sure everyone in the team can participate in it and learn from it. We follow our metrics carefully, making sure we can always measure the success or failure of our work and focus on what matters to our users.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be the first dedicated product manager at Breakroom. You’ll be a core part of a multidisciplinary team working on making Breakroom a brilliant experience for our members.
You’ll work closely with the founders and the rest of the product team to shape our vision of Breakroom, and you’ll set the day-to-day priorities for the team to deliver it.
In the first 12 months you’ll:
- Deeply understand our users through interviews, research and analytics
- Spot new opportunities and work to make those a reality through experimentation and iteration
- Work closely with engineers, designers, marketers and more to define, develop and launch new things
- Define and iterate our processes and practices as we grow the product team
- Contribute to and inform our strategy for the whole business
You’ll need to:
- Be excited to work towards our mission
- Have professional experience working on a digital consumer product across the whole lifecycle: from gathering insights to launching new things
- Have worked in a high growth startup environment
- Be proficient using user research and analytics to understand our users and make product direction decisions
- Have worked in a multidisciplinary team, alongside engineers, designers and other disciplines
- Have a strong desire to keep things clear and simple
Some extra things that would help but aren’t critical:
- Experience coordinating with and learning from marketing teams
- Experience using SQL and other data tools to discover new opportunities
- Experience with SEO and other unpaid acquisition channels
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- 13 weeks of full pay for all new parents
- £1000/year training budget
- Pick your own hardware
- Mental health support through Spill
- Travelcard/season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 5% pension contributions
Please note, you must have the right to work in the UK. We’re not currently able to sponsor visas.