Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
We are currently seeking a talented Infrastructure Product Manager – Lead Level for our San Antonio, TX and/or Plano, TX facilities.
Product Managers facilitate the evolution and implementation of the infrastructure experience for USAA members. Collaborates with Product Management teams and business stakeholders to tackle complex and challenging problems in the line of business to optimize the Members digital experience, developing and delivering innovative offerings to market. Designs and drives implementation of multi-platform solutions. Optimizes existing experiences across dotcom, mobile and emerging platforms to drive KPIs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We’ve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it’s like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Leads product management teams to envision, define and develop new products. Leads highly complex or strategic initiatives typically requiring confidentiality and enterprise-level visibility. Defines and analyzes markets. Evaluates technologies. Guides team in development of detailed product features and requirements, and develops implementation plans. Gathers input to define product concepts. Justifies expenditures for products. Prioritizes and oversees product backlog and releases. Assists Leadership to facilitate product definition sessions. Works closely with teams and resources to achieve milestones within established timeframes.
- Continuously leverages expert data-driven problem solving techniques and analytical rigor to understand, establish and report on key performance indicators. Generates meaningful insights to inform experience improvements. Actively manages ambiguity, brings in ‘big picture’ thinking, and consistently seeks to drive clarity amongst team, partners and key stakeholders.
- Leads effort to establish annual KPI plans for platforms.
- Guides collaboration sessions with cross-functional teams to finalize operational plans and project list.
- Consults with business partners to understand current and future complex /strategic business needs requiring multi-platform solutions. Leads presentation of highly complex concepts to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Collaborates with marketing and other stakeholders to drive effective strategies for achieving key digital goals.
- Accountable for the application of industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness. Acquires, maintains and applies expect knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and an expert understanding of Product Management.
- Leads cross-functional, matrixed teams to solve highly complex and high value business problems. Serves as a major resource to team members. Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- 6+ years’ experience in a product function OR 8+ years’ experience relevant business experience, including 4+ years in a product function OR MBA or equivalent or a related discipline and 4+ years’ experience in a product function
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing or Human Centered Design or a related discipline (or 4 years’ experience in a digital function or project/program/product management experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of experience required)
- 7+ years of technical knowledge: multi-tier distributed architecture, enterprise software, enterprise software infrastructure, and related technologies
- 5+ years in software product development or technology services working large customers in a product management role, technical architect role or lead developer role
- 5+ years’ operating in a cross organizational environment (Development, Operations, External Suppliers, Technical Architecture)
- Experience authoring white papers, positioning documents, marketing deliverables, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience with Web, Cloud, and Infrastructure Technologies
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile methodologies
USAA Infrastructure Product Managers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committee
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
USAA’s most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.