We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the product function at Planes.
Everyone is welcome 🌿
We strongly believe in building a diverse and inclusive team, please don’t see everything here as a ‘must have’. If this sounds like your kind of gig, we’d love to hear from you!
Where: Remote right now but flexible working when we get back to our London studio
Interview process: 3 stages with a practical element focussing on process
Salary: £60-75k per annum
About us ✈️
Planes is a young digital product studio, started by two friends who liked making great products together. As we grow that will always be our essence – to work on products we believe in with people we enjoy every day.
Our background is in startups, not agencies. We prefer shipping code, listening to users and iterating quickly rather than long lunches, ‘expert’ reports and death by powerpoint. This approach has lead us to work with all sorts of people, from international fin-tech providers to startups, building products that their users love.
A small and nimble team, we work collaboratively to produce work that we are proud of and our clients love. We are made up of designers, engineers and product lovers who are all entrepreneurs by nature.
Who you might be 👋
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team full time. You might:
- Have a few years of product experience in a startup, or another digital agency
- Be confident and experienced in applying product management best practice
- Worked alongside designers and developers
- Possess great communication skills
- Be confident presenting to small teams or clients
- Want to contribute to not only your projects, but the growth of Planes as a whole
- Enjoy being super organised
- Be comfortable not knowing everything, but have the desire to grow 🌿
What you might do 💫
Working in a multi-disciplinary team, as Senior Product Manager you’ll work really closely with the client, guiding them in how to design and build a product which meets their business or product objectives.
Being a product agency, your assigned projects or clients will change over time, giving you exposure to new businesses and challenges.
You might be working on both:
- New design/build projects; which require strategising with a client/team to define the objectives and scope of a new product, and sound project management skills to bring it to life
- Live products; where you will use product principles to iterate and grow an existing product
Days will therefore be varied and could involve any of the following:
- Running user interviews to uncover insights
- Facilitating workshops to plan or work through product problems
- Testing prototypes with users to understand usability and solution fit
- Digging into data to inform decisions and query hypothesis
- Collaborating with a designer to convert ideas into a tangible product
- Writing user stories and managing development pipelines to ensure delivery stays on track
- Running product demos and sprint planning sessions with clients and the development team
- Researching and making recommendations for solutions to product problems, or to help with product goals
- Manual testing completed development work
- Wireframing and mapping out user journeys
You’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in business development too, which includes:
- Running workshops with clients to understand their business and how we can help them
- Creating proposals or pitching for new work
Our benefits 🌴
- 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off)
- 8% pension contribution
- Optional 20 days unpaid holiday a year, for all you explorers out there
- Learning and development budget
- Access to the cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave. This is a gender-neutral policy where you can take up to 4 months of parental leave at full pay, at any time within the first 18 months of your child’s life
- Flexible working; we’re Flexa accredited with a score of 89.5%
- Partnership with Spill for all our team to have access to therapy sessions
- We’re a Stigma Statistics’ Safer & Supported accredited workplace
- Annual bonus
- Techy stuff – Macbook and accessories
- Hiring process
If you’ve read this far and you think it sounds like a wicked opportunity (like we do) then please apply here 🙌 Just send through a short (no longer than one paragraph) intro on you, examples of your work (links to GitHub/Figma etc are fine if you have them) along with your CV.
If we like what we see we will start with a phone call. Following that we will invite you in to have a chat over a (virtual) hang.
We also will have a short challenge for you to complete. The challenge is an actual problem that Planes worked on; so the purpose of the challenge is to give you an idea of the sort of problems you might be tackling, and to give us some insight into your personal style and process as a developer.
In light of COVID 🦠
Much like the rest of the world, we have been a fully remote team the last several months. While we’re all pining to get back into the office, we’ve been working effectively while remote.
We’re planning to get back into the office as soon as we are comfortable from a health and safety perspective, but there will be no requirement for anyone in the team to be back in the office until they also personally comfortable doing so.