With the breadth and scale of our Petcare businesses we have a unique opportunity and the potential to create benefits for Pets and our business through data is huge and we need to seize this opportunity now. We began our work to leverage these more strategically to power our ecosystem in 2018 and the Data & Analytics team is the core team at the Petcare level incubating and guiding these efforts.
The Petcare Segment consists of five Divisions: Pet Nutrition, Royal Canin, Mars Veterinary Health N. America, Mars Veterinary Health International & Diagnostics, and Kinship. Under this organization of Petcare Product and Service brands, we launched our Strategy in 2018 with an objective to “Create a Better World for Pets by extending global leadership in Nutrition, Health and Services powered by Data”.
To deliver on this ambition, we need to grow the Data Solutions team with Product talent to drive multiple initiatives and lead the change in data and pet-centric thinking across the entire Mars Petcare business by developing products in the Petcare Data Platform. The product areas are consumer insights, advertising, retail and demand, scientific research, data ingestion, and core platform functionality.
This role reports to the Product Director and sits on the Data Solutions team within the Global Mars Petcare Data & Analytics team, responsible for managing best in class data products & services across the whole of the Petcare Data Platform ecosystem.
By joining the Product team, your impact is directly tied to being a change agent in Mars Petcare’s ambition to become Powered by Data. You will be expected to collaborate to define best in class products for the Data Solutions and Data & Analytics team and be an advocate for modern data and product management practices and methodologies within and outside of the team. With success, there is potential to grow your role on the team by owning more areas of the platform and mentoring future members of the team.
What are we looking for?
- A Senior Product Manager experienced in data product ownership and leadership, problem identification and definition, data product development, delivery, and release to end users
- Experience working on technology- or data-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or business analyst
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product management
- Great at developing new relationships, forming strong stakeholder relationships, thoughtfully communicating, driving positive change, and highly innovative and collaborative
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed way
- A background in mathematics, statistics, or relevant experience developing data products
- Previous experience in scientific or clinical research, healthcare industry
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Manage the science data product for the Petcare Data Platform, with the ambition to grow into other areas within the Petcare Data Platform
- Full ownership of product lifecycle from inception to release management and evolution,
- Own roadmap, vision, and strategy within your product area/s – aligned with the vision and strategy of the Petcare Data Platform and Mars Petcare
- Work across levels and both internal and external stakeholders and users to analyse, define, and align on business problems and value creation opportunities, identifying the most impactful problems to solve
- Partner with other product managers, data scientists, business analysts, engineers, users, scrum masters, and stakeholders to deliver data products that are adopted and tied to business outcomes
- Make product decisions rooted in business value and impact, considering user needs, technical needs and costs, and business viability
- Define best in class product management for the Data Solutions and Data & Analytics team and be an advocate for modern data and product management practices and methodologies within and outside of the team
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension
- Mars have been voted in the Top 10 of UK ‘Great Places to Work’ since 2016
- Pet-friendly offices, where your pet’s enjoyment is as high on our agenda as yours
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance
- The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally