AlliedCrowds has a unique mission: to combine technology, data, and finance in order to disrupt development. We do this by creating innovative technology and new financing models that unlock capital for entrepreneurs in emerging markets, enabling them to grow their businesses, hire new employees, and contribute to the global economy.
AlliedCrowds is expanding and we’re looking for a talented and hardworking Python developer to join our team. You will be working directly with the CTO and there is major room for personal growth and development. You will work in three main capacities:
- Building out the functionality of our public API: We continue to add features to our public API as our client base expands. New features will include tighter integration with our data pipeline, and additional microservices to handle new client requests
- Adding functionality and features to our data pipeline: Our data pipeline is the lifeblood of AlliedCrowds. Responsibilities will include developing the machine learning algorithm, improving the natural language processing engine, and building out the API to provide public access to our data.
- Developing awesome products and tools for our clients: AlliedCrowds is very much a technology firm. Whether it is building the first crowdfunding platform in Ecuador, or a custom client to integrate with our API, we are always working on new and interesting projects.
We expect you to be hard-working, interested in learning, and invested in personal growth. The role sits on the intersection of software developer and data scientist — so a love of coding, software architecture, and data is a must. Your time will be split evenly between building out our API, adding to our data pipeline, and building client products. These will vary depending on priorities.
We are flexible regarding working arrangement (work from home, work varied hours, remote work), however, we do not compromise quality or effectiveness of work. Therefore, arrangements will be based on your suitability. Travel experience available for those interested.
- Python libraries including pandas, scikit, numpy, nltk, matplotlib, jupyter
- Demonstrated 1+ years data science (machine learning, NLP, cleaning data, data pipeline management)
- 1+ years of demonstrated web development (building web applications in Python)
- General understanding of SQL, NOSQL, and other DBMS
- Advanced knowledge of testing methodologies and an uncompromising ethic around automated testing
- Ability to communicate on both technical and non-technical levels
- Technical degree (Math, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Previous experience at a SaaS or data science firm