I’m recruiting for a Product Analyst to join our new Labs team who are 100% focused on innovation. This role is an exciting opportunity to work in early stage product development at Learning Pool – working to innovate for the future and to ensure we fulfil our vision to “to maximise the potential of people and their organisations through learning”.
About the role
This role is an exciting opportunity to work in early stage product development at Learning Pool – working to innovate for the future and to ensure we fulfill our vision to “to maximise the potential of people and their organisations through learning”. This is a new and dedicated team, 100% focused on innovation.
We are hugely proud of our product set and work hard continually to ensure we stay ahead of the competition in the fast paced learning technologies industry. Our innovation team is core to Learning Pool’s future and we use evidence-based research and approaches to ensure our products set, rather than follow, the trends.
Our innovation team challenge the status quo, come up with ideas and create radical new products. But we’re not afraid to fail – we test, fail, refine, and repeat time and time again until we succeed and our new product becomes part of our established product set.
For more information about our benefits and why you should join learning pool, read more here:https://learningpool.com/why-work-for-learning-pool/
What you will be doing
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the management and facilitation of a broad range of sessions to generate ideas for new disruptive products
- Gathering and analysing feedback from commercial and solutions teams to feed the ideas engine
- Keep up to date with themes and trends in Learning Technologies
- Understanding our customers – their strategy, needs and ambitions from both a business and L&D standpoint
- Understanding the market – size, potential and competition
- Requirements elicitation (including running workshops, customer journey mapping – primarily internal, occasionally external)
- Writing high quality User Stories and Feature Specifications
- Writing high quality Business and Technical Requirements Documentation
- Using agile approaches to work with the design (UI, UX) and technical teams to turn requirements into prototypes and MVP products
- Supporting research and data-gathering activities around the product, helping to ensure we are evidence-led in our decision making including understanding the size of the potential market
- Looking for technology trends and ideas that could be exploited for learning
- Clearly communicating features and benefits and stop or proceed reasoning
- Positioning the potential of products alongside others in the wider Learning Pool ecosystem
Who we are looking for
This role demands a candidate with a proven track record. You will have 2-3 years experience of working as a product analyst working in software development, ideally within innovation and early stage development. Candidates with a grounding in learning theory will also be at an advantage.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven experience of gathering and documenting high quality business requirements (functional & non-functional)
- Ability to understand the strategy of the product and have the critical/detailed eye to ensure it meets the requirements
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to and inspire a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between technical and non-technical parties
- Have an Agile mindset and able to handle changing business needs & priorities
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts – turning incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
Location is flexible within the UK, with preference for a candidate within travel distance to a Learning Pool office.