I’m recruiting for a Product Experience Designer to join our new Labs team who are 100% focused on innovation. This role is an exciting opportunity to work in early stage product development at Learning Pool – working to innovate for the future and to ensure we fulfil our vision to “to maximise the potential of people and their organisations through learning”.
About the role
This role is an exciting opportunity to work in early stage product development at Learning Pool – working to innovate for the future and to ensure we fulfill our vision to “to maximise the potential of people and their organisations through learning”.
Our innovation team is core to Learning Pool’s future and we use evidence-based research and approaches to ensure our products set, rather than follow, the trends. We challenges the status quo, comes up with ideas and creates radical new products. But we’re not afraid to fail – we test, fail, refine, and repeat time and time again until we succeed and our new product becomes part of our established product set.
You will need to be passionate about UX, an excellent team-worker, flexible and adaptable – and able to work within a fast-paced and rapidly growing organisation. You’ll work closely with the Head of Innovation and the Product Analyst to lead the user experience design across a range of early stage digital learning and data platforms and tools.
More than anything else, the successful candidate will manage to be both passionate and pragmatic – able to provide UX direction and support in a range of design and development contexts.
For more information about our benefits and why you should join learning pool, read more here:https://learningpool.com/why-work-for-learning-pool/
What you will be doing
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Breadth and depth of UX skills including; Research, Information Architecture, Visual Design, Prototyping and Testing.
- Participate and help facilitate Design Thinking Workshops and Design Sprints to generate ideas for new disruptive products.
- Conceptualising, pitching, justifying and steering decisions on design direction for early-stage product development.
- Using sound rationale, critical and creative problem solving to produce effective design solutions.
- Applying Lean UX, building rapid prototypes and testing to quickly decide which ideas to progress and to validate design decisions.
- Designing and running usability studies, synthesizing insights and feedback.
- Working closely with developers and the innovation product manager to deliver technically feasible ideas and solutions.
- Creating stunning visuals to help communicate and sell ‘the art of the possible’ to internal and external stakeholders.
Who we are looking for
This role demands a candidate with a proven track record. You will have 3+ years experience of working as a Product/ Experience Designer working in software development, ideally within innovation and early stage development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Eye for detail: You’ll need great attention to detail and accuracy in everything you do.
- An Agile mindset and ability to handle changing business needs and priorities.
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects.
- A hunger for domain knowledge and business acumen that will be integral for success in this role.
- Self-starter able to drive UX agenda, risk manage and network to make innovation possible.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
Location is flexible within the UK, with preference for a candidate within travel distance to a Learning Pool office.