About Zero Deposit
Renting a new home is stressful and expensive. We’re here to make renting easier, fairer and faster. Tenants often have to pay thousands in a security deposit, and that’s often before getting their old one back.
We’re changing that by giving tenants an alternative to deposits. We give tenants the option to purchase our Guarantee for a lower fee, instead of paying a deposit. This provides Landlords with the protection they need and saves tenants money upfront.
Design at Zero Deposit:
Design is an integral part of the brand and product experience at Zero Deposit. We take a research and data driven approach to design in order to ensure that everything we build is moving the metrics that help our business grow, while constantly improving the user experience.
- Solving Problems – End to End: You will take the problems and opportunities we prioritise as a business and run the end-to-end process of getting us to a solution. This includes research, solution validation, UI/UX design, implementation, launch and refinement.
- Creating Simple Solutions: Your designs will take the most complex problems that we have to solve and make them look simple and intuitive to our users.
- Validation & Testing: You will lead user research to gather insights and validate decisions. You will use this to influence design, iterate on what we have built and share the results.
- Produce Prototypes, Wireframes and Designs: Using the tools you need (we currently use Figma) you will create low-fi and highly detailed designs to help validate assumptions and implement features.
- Collaborate on Implementation: with product and engineering. You will communicate thinking, make decisions and ensure what we build is as high quality as our designs.
- Own our Design Processes: You will shape the way we work by creating a sensible design process that works for us. We like to keep our processes lightweight and flexible but want to have an approach that we all agree to.
- Focus on the outcome: You have defined what success looks like for the problem or opportunity you are solving and constantly refer back to this when making decisions.
- Collaborating on our Roadmap: With product and wider leadership, using your insights and research to help us identify customer needs and business opportunities.
We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Product Designer who is driven by making an impact and taking ownership of how we do design at Zero Deposit.
- You have worked in embedded and cross functional product teams
- You consistently design products that customers value and make an impact on the business. More than that, you can’t wait to share these stories with us.
- You have demonstrable experience working on complex problems – you can tackle design problems autonomously, from beginning to end, from problem definition to iteration, through prototyping and user testing.
- You have strong UI design skills and are able to craft visually engaging experiences.
- You are analytical in your approach to design, able to clearly communicate why you have taken each decision and relate this back to the impact it will have.
- You can demonstrate how you have brought others within the company into the design process, ensuring that your designs get to the best outcome.
- You have a bias for action and an approach to your work that is to take initiative, get things done and take ownership of your area.
- You can clearly balance the desire to create impactful customer experiences with business goals and technical constraints.
We also have the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Your birthday off (On top of your 25 days leave)
- Life cover
- Work from home
- Pension contributions
- MacBooks as standard, or whatever device you need to get the job done
- We respect the need for work life balance, we work hard while we’re here but won’t take over your entire life.