AlliedCrowds has a unique mission: to combine technology, data, and finance in order to disrupt development. We do this by creating innovative technology and new financing models that unlock capital for entrepreneurs in emerging markets, enabling them to grow their businesses, hire new employees, and contribute to the global economy.
Since its founding, AlliedCrowds has consulted for some of the world’s largest development finance institutions, multilateral aid agencies, and private companies involved in development.
Our assignments have included landscaping studies, technology implementation, and ideation exercises to help organizations ensure they are current on trends in alternative finance for development. We’ve built a reputation for delivering exceptional results, on time.
As our client list grows, we’re looking to add an intern to help with research, analysis, and writing of reports. We want to hire someone who is passionate about development, improving access to finance, and developing world entrepreneurship. This starts as an unpaid volunteering position, with potential to develop into a paid part-time role. We believe it’s perfect for students in their last year of university, postgraduate students, and recent graduates who are looking to learn about and contribute to an exciting, growing industry. The position is based in London, and we’re looking to fill it as soon as possible.
- Research and analysis for various projects related to alternative finance in emerging markets
- Editing and writing articles for the company blog and reports
- Marketing support
- Administrative tasks
- Currently pursuing/recently finished a BA/BS, MA/MSc, or MBA in economics, development, finance, or related field
- Demonstrable interest in economic development and/or alternative finance
- A talent for writing
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working in emerging markets
- Multilingualism is a plus
- Database management experience
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator