The product team at Contentful is growing at a rapid pace, and we’re looking for a Group Product Manager to take on multiple teams and projects, drive initiatives, and ensure our growing portfolio of products enables our customers to be as successful as possible. In this role overseeing the core content management engine, you’ll help to improve our existing capabilities and innovate on what’s next for Headless CMS.
What to expect?
- You’re responsible for the products within your group to work seamlessly with our growing portfolio to create the most value for Contentful customers
- You collaborate with the Group Product Managers, Design and Engineering counterparts to ensure vision and alignment
- You clearly plan and articulate your group’s strategy, ensuring alignment with the overall business and product strategies
- You coordinate closely with colleagues in adjacent groups
- You will drive multiple initiatives involving multiple product teams and disciplines
- You partner with Design, Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales and Customer Success as needed, forming productive relationships and processes
- You will lead, coach, and inspire a growing team of Product Managers to ensure they are successful in their role
- You will work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and UX researchers to prioritize and balance both short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- You will contribute to a PM culture that shares user insights, learnings, and research findings early, often, and well
What do you need to be successful?
- You’ve worked in SaaS before
- You’ve delivered platform innovations and improvements, and understand how to think through platform concerns in an API-first environment
- You have a proven track record of developing successful enterprise product offerings
- You have been accountable for driving large scale initiatives across multiple projects and teams
- You have experience managing Product Managers and are successful in coaching, mentoring, and being responsible for the development of your team
- Experience managing 3-5 individual contributors
- You can be hands-on with product management responsibilities when needed, as well as higher-level organizational challenges
- Content Management System experience, developer platform experience, and experience with an API-first development approach is preferred but not required for the right candidate
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Our Germany based employees: Join us for free German classes or reach your fitness goals with our Urban Sports Club discount
- Office Perks: We have a brand new high-tech, dog-friendly office in central Berlin, where you can show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.