GL Education are looking a Product Manager who will take full accountability for the discovery, definition, delivery and performance of GL Assessment and BoardWorks products. This will include offline delivery, web and mobile applications. You will be responsible for understanding and meeting the needs of your customers and users and driving the commercial success of your products. Through fresh, innovative thinking, you will execute the product vision by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to the customer.
In addition, you will manage the product lifecycle and commercial performance of a set of US specific GL Assessment, and BoardWorks products. To ensure that the products are fit for purpose in the US market segments and are educationally sound.
Boardworks and our parent company, GL Education (2020 Edtech Company of the Year) are market leaders with a global presence. Students in the US benefit from our K-12 interactive resources and SEL assessments. We offer a supportive and fun working environment, with a focus on developing talent.
· To be able to quickly develop a deep understanding of the education market, of the principles of assessment, and of your product set. To engage with and leverage the expertise available in the product team to support product decision making.
· To ensure that product decisions are driven by robust customer insight and rigorous data analysis. Maintain close and regular contact with the customer base across all US districts to ensure a deep understanding of the value our customers derive from your product set.
· To build and communicate a compelling vision for your product set and work with the Head of Product Management to build a roadmap from that vision that is understood across the business.
· To understand developments in the education sector, including knowledge of our competitors, and how they impact our products and services across the US, and to react appropriately to those developments to ensure that you maintain a set of marketable propositions.
· To work with the Head of Product Management and the Director of Education as well as the US teams to bring forward proposals for investment in new products and services which provide effective solutions to business problems.
· To work closely and collaborate with the US Operational and UK Tech teams to ensure alignment at every stage of product development from ideation to launch.
· To help guide the delivery team backlog priorities, defining epics and features for the creation of stories.
· To work closely with the US sales, marketing, customer support and finance teams to develop go to market launch plans, positioning and messaging, pricing strategy, and to ensure that all your products are accompanied by full collateral sets.
· To manage, track and report on the performance of your products post-launch and throughout their lifecycle through financial metrics, performance KPIs and market feedback.
· To work with the wider product team to drive process and external communication for products that will be sunsetted, including plans for migrating customers.
· To contribute to strategic planning, and sales and business development strategy.
· To be the voice of the customer across the business.
Location: US Based
Hours: Permanent, Full time
Salary: $81,000 – $88,000 per annum
What we are looking for:
· Experience of operating within the US education sector with understanding of US district teaching, learning and assessment principles and practices.
· Successful track record in product management OR effective experience in a product owner / Product marketing role
· Experience of using financial and/or other data to support decision making and forward planning
· Excellent stakeholder management skills and proven success of developing customer
· relationships both in person and remotely.
· Comfortable working at pace with cross-functional teams
· Highly numerate and literate. Able to analyse quantitatively, and to report, present and discuss qualitative models and findings.
· Able to produce strong proposals for targeted investment
Previous product, UX or business qualification or equivalent experience preferred