We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead our Locations Infrastructure product. This is a back-end heavy space with front-end components that integrate horizontally across Carvana’s supply chain and beyond, to enable our rapid growth and expansion. You will be identifying gaps in data and processes across various cross-functional groups within Carvana, analyzing the opportunity, and working closely with the engineering team to design and deliver optimal solutions. This is an internal focused product where you get to own the vision, evangelize your vision across the organization, and gain buy-in from teams to drive product adoption.
Ideally, you are fanatical about using complex analytics in your decision-making process. You love being involved with every step of the process, from research to customer development to solution design and iteration. You’re highly autonomous and capable of taking high-level business problems, developing a viable strategy to tackle specific problems, quickly developing solutions, and evangelizing your product cross-functionally.
We iterate quickly, and with our accelerating growth, you will see your work have an immediate, growing impact every day in a hyper growth company.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Own the vision, roadmap, and create a prioritized backlog for the product.
- Write clear project briefs and detailed requirements to effectively communicate with the team and align all stakeholders around a common understanding of “what” and “why”
- Analyze data, write detailed requirements, prioritize features, and collaborate with design and engineering to drive tangible outcomes.
- You are responsible for the success of the product and the long-term trajectory of your KPIs.
- Participate end-to-end in the product life cycle, especially market research, customer development, and requirements gathering/consolidation.
- Continuous monitoring of KPIs, analyzing/identifying root causes and iterating to improve the customer experience.
- Travel to Carvana locations such as market hubs, inspection centers, and logistics hubs for onground research and staying connected to your end users.
What You Should Have
- Undergraduate-level education in STEM, Economics/Finance, or HCI/UX or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in software product management.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done, no matter what it is, for the sake of the team and our customers.
- Sense of humor, we don’t take ourselves too seriously and love to have fun.
- Opinions – you should be familiar with a lot of products in consumer web/mobile and have some degree of taste around what you do and don’t like.
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- A mentality that customers come first, team second, and yourself third.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and find the answers to your own questions.
- Deep product experience at one or more highly successful (and ideally hypergrowth) companies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with experience making data driven decisions.
- Expertise in a metrics and data-driven environment with skills in data tools such as SQL.
- Proven track record in product management and translating customer needs into business/product requirements.
- A driven, relentless – but positive! – attitude.
It would be great if you also had
- Definitive design sensibility (your wireframes don’t make people laugh or cry).
- Strong analytical experience including proficiency in SQL
- Product strategy/road-mapping experience
- Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives.
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
What does our growth have to do with you?
Only everything. Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? You should still give it a shot! Research shows that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other systematically marginalized groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Carvana, we’re builders. We build tools, business, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thought, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us
What We’ll Offer In Return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.