Bandcamp is looking for an experienced product manager to join our small and growing product team. You’ll have significant opportunities from day 1 to curate an inspiring experience catered to the music-obsessed, and share the healing power of music with an engaged community of music fans.
Bandcamp is an online record store and music community where passionate fans discover, connect with, and directly support the artists they love. We believe that music is an indispensable part of culture, and for that culture to thrive, artists—no matter their identity, community, or genre—must be compensated fairly and transparently for their work.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and others around the company to invent, develop and ship great products.
- Perform market and user research, define and prioritize user needs, and identify areas of opportunity to improve the experience on Bandcamp for fans and visitors.
- Analyze our data and run experiments (on your own and with our data team) to develop quantitative insights that complement qualitative research.
- Craft product specifications and requirements, weighing impact alongside business goals and technical feasibility.
- Identify appropriate metrics to measure success, and work with the data and support teams to monitor and measure the impact these products make.
- Inspire and motivate others through the quality of your thinking and analysis.
- Proven experience as a product manager or in a similar role (collaborating with engineers, designers, data analysts and support specialists to design, build, and ship software products).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical abilities (e.g. knowledge of statistics, experience with SQL or similar tools, and the ability to conduct your own quantitative investigations).
- An abiding interest in how people behave and make decisions.
- Prior experience with Bandcamp as a fan or artist (or both), and an understanding of how our product works and what our community values.
- Experience successfully driving eCommerce and/or search and discovery strategies is a big plus.
Use this link to send us your resume along with a cover letter that tells us more about you, why you’re interested in this role, and one thing about Bandcamp we should improve and why.